Arizona Kid (Luciano B. Carlos, 1970)

Database page: The Arizona Kid - The Spaghetti Western Database

Man from the Philippines who speaks virtually no english at all arrives in the west to find his uncle. He gets dropped off at a town who are having trouble with the local bad guys, and a gunfighter called Arizona Kid is hired to clean things up. Things do not go smooth and soon are man from the Philpipines becomes Arizona Kid…in a fashion.

Not sure what the filmmakers were aiming for in this one. The main guy speaks in Philippine language most of the time with a big grin on his face all the time, and this wears a bit thin with a running time approaching two hours. Gordon Mitchell pops up in the second half of the film, which was a welcome delight. Music score is inappropriate as sounds like it is from a 1940’s horror film. One for hardened fans only.[font=times new roman][/font]

That’s what I wrote in last western you watched thread some time ago:

Ha, ha…yes ready for some Franco & Ciccio now :smiley: .

Ennioo and Bill pretty much said it all. At least Mamie looks better than she sounds :slight_smile: We sometimes say, maybe a better looking copy would help, but in this case NOT. Well maybe Mamie’s scenes without sound.

Can we find an actual movie poster of this? on the database we just have a VHS cover… I assume it came out in theaters?

Done. This one sounds like an East-meets-West spag generated by an AI, never heard of it before.

It’s virtually unwatchable … I did attempt it some years ago, but couldn’t take more than about the first 15 mins approx’ … not helped by the horrible 5th gen VHS rip I looked at.

Yeah, I can imagine, it sounds very rough, the Southeast Asian productions from that period of time tend to be extremely shoddy and plain awful.

1 Like

Page updated, but we need a higher res poster.