Anyone seen this film? (Non Spaghetti)

It occured to me that with the diverse group of tastes and nationalities in this forum it would be useful to have a thread where we can ask each other about films we are thinking of seeing.

To get things started I am keen to know if any of our Scandanavian members can tell me anything about Laitakaupungin valot (Lights in the Dusk) directed by Aki Kaurismaki.

It is showing at the NFT in London soon and it looks quite interesting. Anyone seen it?

Good idea Phil.

Has anybody seen “Buck and the Preacher”? 1972 western starring Sydney Poiter, Harry Belafonte, Ruby Dee, Cameron Mitchell. Directed by Poiter. It looks interesting, cross between blaxploitation and western. i’m thinking of getting the DVD.

I have “Buck And The Preacher” 72 ON DVD and it was not expensive.
It is a good-ish western drama/slaver story and if you have CAMERON MITCHELL
in any film it is ALWAYS worth buying/watching it. :wink:
Sidney Poitier is very often watchable and good also.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:2, topic:843”]Good idea Phil.

Has anybody seen “Buck and the Preacher”? 1972 western starring Sydney Poiter, Harry Belafonte, Ruby Dee, Cameron Mitchell. Directed by Poiter. It looks interesting, cross between blaxploitation and western. i’m thinking of getting the DVD.[/quote]

Yes, I have Buck and the Preacher too.
It is an ok western. Good cast and worth a look if you can pick it up at a decent price.

Thanks I’ll check it out.