Any Gun Can Play: The Essential Guide to Euro-Westerns (Kevin Grant)

Depends how thick the book is, i’d guess between £19.99 and £29.99.

Well, lets hope it’s going to be in the low end. Would hate to spend £30 just to get an autograph :slight_smile:

Well, ou wouldn’t be getting just an autograph, there’s a book as well…

I take your point, though.

The release date has been pushed back to September. Guess we’ll have to wait a little longer… :frowning: Oh well i’m sure it’s worth the wait in the end.

Amazon U.K. taking pre-orders for March 31, 2011 release.

Thanks for the info! Just ordered it a moment ago :slight_smile:

yes thanks Tom B just ordered mine as well!

Apparently, if you order directly from FAB Press you will get the book much earlier (it says February on their site). Also, anybody wanting the hardback edition should get it via FAB Press.

FRIDAY, 27 MAY
The Italian Cultural Institute, 30 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8NX. (ticket ordering hotline: 020 7396 4406)

8.30pm-11pm
A Quiet Place in the Country, screening introduced by Franco Nero.

Special Event: Django Never Dies

SATURDAY, 28 MAY
The Odeon Covent Garden, 135 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AH. (ticket ordering hotline: 0871 2244 007)

3.00pm-4.00pm
Franco Nero book signing
Official book-launch for the brand new FAB Press publication

4pm-6.30pm
Franco Nero introduces Django
On-stage interview with Franco Nero, followed by a screening of Nero’s iconic role in the Euro-western classic Django.

SATURDAY, 28 MAY
The Italian Cultural Institute, 30 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8NX. (ticket ordering hotline: 020 7396 4406)

9.00pm-11.30pm
Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man
Rare screening of Ruggero Deodato’s stunning crime thriller, introduced by Deodato and preceded by a panel discussion with the director.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:29, topic:2193”]SATURDAY, 28 MAY
The Odeon Covent Garden, 135 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8AH. (ticket ordering hotline: 0871 2244 007)

3.00pm-4.00pm
Franco Nero book signing
Official book-launch for the brand new FAB Press publication

4pm-6.30pm
Franco Nero introduces Django
On-stage interview with Franco Nero, followed by a screening of Nero’s iconic role in the Euro-western classic Django.[/quote]

I posted about this on the Django thread Yod.

[quote=“Phil H, post:175, topic:148”]Just booked my ticket for this.

http://www.cine-excess.co.uk/django-never-dies.php

Django with Franco Nero in attendance is pretty difficult to pass up.
Any other UK forumites going?
I presume Austin Fisher is as I believe he is giving some sort of academicky lectury type thing at some point during the day. Is that right Austin?[/quote]

Are you going Yod? We could meet up for a pint maybe?

I want to, all depends on finances.

I’m all signed up for Django but am also considering going to Live Like a Cop too now. While I’m in town, and the tickets only £7 it seems like a plan.

Just a quick note re this book.
I picked up my copy yesterday at the signing and I must say at first glance it is one a lot of folk here will enjoy. 470 odd pages packed full of pictures (colour and black and white) and has a dozen chapters written on thematic lines as well as a who’s who section and a chronological filmography. I’m going to write a proper review of it soon but, just as a heads up, this one looks pretty good and something most fans will want on their shelf.

Nice to see you yesterday Phil :slight_smile:

Don’t know if I met any of you there, but it was a fun event! Just wish I got to stick around for the Live Like a Cop… screening!

Likewise mate.

A couple of pics :wink:

Nicely done Yod! Ain’t nobody gonna argue a request for a photie with you I reckon :wink:
I nearly was gonna come meself, and would’ve loved to have got a chance to get that huge Django/Nero poster I got signed by the man. And would’ve loved to have caught up with ya as well brother.

Very nice Yodlaf :slight_smile: .

Nice photos Yod glad you got to meet Franco and Deodato. Cheers!