Any fans of Death Metal here?

I’m ready motherfuckers…

Is that Django Reinhardt?

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:41, topic:2754”]I’m ready motherfuckers…

[/quote]
Hell yeah!

Here’s some inspiration:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:41, topic:2754”]I’m ready motherfuckers…

[/quote]
Awesome!

;D I’m gonna call myself Death Bastard-Djangolele.
What on earth was I thinking? I think I’d been at the communion wine, looking at the time I posted this. However I managed to take the pic is beyond me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been more into black metal recently but like some good death metal as well…

picked up loads of vinyl releases over the last year from Behemoth, Watain, Wolves In The Throne Room, Burzum

Actually recently scored a limited original pressing of Burzum Dauði Baldrs, with the booklet and “tarot cards” - it was still sealed and I paid $15 for it, worth over $100 :stuck_out_tongue:

The Watain LPs are pretty awesome and really perfect examples of how cool a vinyl release can be. Lawless Darkness is a great album and the LP is so cool with the huge poster, full booklet and diecut gatefold sleeve

So broke may have to sell some of them soon though…

Saw Behemoth with Watain a few months back at a fairly small venue and that was an incredible show.

Do you prefer the sound from L.P’s in general ?

That’s a question I’m not sure what to think about a lot of times. The simple answer is yes, I love listening to albums on vinyl much more than any other format, and I do think it sounds better most of the time.

But then I also wonder how much of that is just psychological. Its cool to have an LP, with nice artwork that you can flip over and open up and really look at and appreciate. And a nice pressing on a thick record adds a certain tangible element that just feels nice. So I wonder how much of that part of the experience just makes you think it sounds better, because the overall experience with a record is more absorbing and involved than a CD or mp3.

But I think a lot of people go overboard claiming that 100% of records always sound so much better than CDs or digital music. If its a bad pressing, not mastered correctly for vinyl, or just a used copy that has been played hundreds of times, then I’m not so sure it actually does sound better. The heavily used record is something I often wonder about, particularly because DJs with huge record collections are pissed about the new digital formats, so they always go on about how their records are so much better… but if a record has been played hundreds of times, then obviously its degrading some in quality and I’m not so sure if it actually does still sound better.

Even with those issues, I still enjoy even the heavily played records that are full of hiss and pops… Records have been a big part of my music life for a long time, and although I’ve scaled down the amount I buy/collect, I just really enjoy them. It adds another dimension to collecting music - unfortunately they take up so much room that at this point I am extremely selective about what I will buy.

I too prefer lp’s, mainly for aesthetic reasons. Artwork looks better on bigger scale.

Sold most of my soundtracks on L.P now. Should have kept them really. But at the time I was limited to space. Remember storing some incorrectly ( purely my own fault ), and some warped. I was mortified at the time. Some of best quality L.P’s I had sound wise, and alot less pops and crackles were Japanese L.P’s.

Losing a good record to various storage problems can be devastating… When I first started buying records in my teenage days, I didn’t take care of them at all and now I have some fairly valuable LPs that are in pretty bad shape.

That’s one thing about digital collections that is definitely nicer than physical collections- you don’t really have to worry about items getting all jacked up from the various things that can happen- although you can lose everything to a hard drive crash.

[quote=“autephex, post:46, topic:2754”]I’ve been more into black metal recently but like some good death metal as well…

picked up loads of vinyl releases over the last year from Behemoth, Watain, Wolves In The Throne Room, Burzum

Actually recently scored a limited original pressing of Burzum Dauði Baldrs, with the booklet and “tarot cards” - it was still sealed and I paid $15 for it, worth over $100 :stuck_out_tongue:

The Watain LPs are pretty awesome and really perfect examples of how cool a vinyl release can be. Lawless Darkness is a great album and the LP is so cool with the huge poster, full booklet and diecut gatefold sleeve

So broke may have to sell some of them soon though…

Saw Behemoth with Watain a few months back at a fairly small venue and that was an incredible show.[/quote]
I love black metal! My favorite BM bands would be Bathory, Burzum, Mayhem, Ulver, Darkthrone, Enslaved, and… well, too many to name. Watain and Behemoth are awesome too.

Nice… the Deathcrush album by Mayhem is a solid classic and I just love Burzum. I’ve got almost all of his albums on vinyl now. All the stories surrounding Burzum aside, the music is just uniquely touching on something like not much else I’ve ever heard. Have you heard Wolves In The Throne Room yet? Heavy Burzum influence in the music and an interesting American BM group.

Yeah, I disagree with his opinions, and murder, but the music is great. Checked out Wolves in the throne room aswell, pretty good stuff!