Any fans of Death Metal here?

i think Red Right Hand and “Deaaaaanna” and Loverman, Your funeral, my trial and yeah Murder Ballads i used to listen, that´s my favorites

frankly i don´t listen Slovak bands, i don´t know if some good bands are in Slovakia nowadays, because i deliberately avoiding mainstream media (or underground dungeons :), i know some, but can´t say i like it or something,
but i know rock bands Tublatanka and Metalinda, some punkrock bands like Slobodna Europa,
but certainly the most popular Slovak poprock band is Elan, many years they exist
but many many rock bands were here

yeah, and i almost forgot about Palo Habera, that would be a crime to omitt him, guy´s famous for many years, but i didn´t listen more than few songs from him and that had to be in the pub ;D

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:20, topic:2754”]Any good bands from your country? Most famous Dutch rock band is still Golden Earring, I guess.

okay, i listened to Golden Earring, scherp. It reminded me some stuff, when i was into Deep Purple and Creedence and some others -
but one of my favorite songs was something like “On the road again”, when i was into some Jack Kerouac stuff :), but can´t remember what band it was

Here´s some good old Dutch death metal for you:

Sinister - Corridors to the Abyss

Something newer:

Hail of Bullets - Inferno at the Carpathian Mountains

Which band is that, Gringo?

[quote=“tomas, post:23, topic:2754”]okay, i listened to Golden Earring, scherp. It reminded me some stuff, when i was into Deep Purple and Creedence and some others -
but one of my favorite songs was something like “On the road again”, when i was into some Jack Kerouac stuff :), but can´t remember what band it was[/quote]

Was the song you are thinking of this one by Canned Heat?

[quote=“Phil H, post:26, topic:2754”]Was the song you are thinking of this one by Canned Heat?

I suppose so
Good old Canned Heat, they we’re quite good if they weren’t (too) stoned
This is of course a classic to anybody over 44 (I’m being friendly)

[quote=“Phil H, post:26, topic:2754”]Was the song you are thinking of this one by Canned Heat?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:27, topic:2754”]I suppose so
Good old Canned Heat, they we’re quite good if they weren’t (too) stoned
This is of course a classic to anybody over 44 (I’m being friendly)[/quote]

YES, of course, Canned Heat, this is one of my favorites ;D

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:24, topic:2754”]Here´s some good old Dutch death metal for you:

Sinister - Corridors to the Abyss

Something newer:

Hail of Bullets - Inferno at the Carpathian Mountains[/quote]

nice - i used to listen Napalm Death - Harmony Corruption and such stuff, also Fear Factory as i mentioned had some death touch especially in their early work, and i forgot to mention Waltari-YeaH, Yeah, Die, Die - which is one of my favorites albums combining death, rock, classical music, hip hop and who knows what else

Can’t mention Hail of Bullets without mentioning Asphyx, their album (and song) Last One On Earth is an apocalyptic classic

I play in a band called Ritual Decay, we’ve been playing for a year and a month probably, we recorded one demo and are about to re-record it, we’ve no websites or anything and won’t until we have a decent demo, we’re certainly on the 80s side of death/black metal and don’t like hardly any “advancements” in the genre from 94-now. But some newer bands seem to finally take the older sound in a forward direction disregarding the crap. We’re playing a house show with a guy that does special effects he’s gonna rig us up a blood spewing warthog head.

Hellz yea!

Favorites in the genre:

Suffocation
Immolation
Decapitated
Vader
Unleashed

I have lucked out and seen Unleashed, Suffo, and Immo all in concert over the last few years. All played killer sets.

Yep!

The Swede speaks!

As a coincidence I just got two Hypocrisy cd´s in the mail.

Nice!

My favorite DM band is Morbid Angel. Some other favorites in the genre are Death, Nile and Deathbreed.

Let´s not forget

Of course!

Also…

Hehe, classic and of course in my collection. Lovely (or perhaps that the wrong way of putting it).

But lyrically noone can top Chris Reifert of the mighty Autopsy.

Well, lovely in it’s own way I guess.

"Midnight violence, the scene of the kill
A life slain to rest where the blood has been spilled
Discarded cadaver, no heartbeat is left
Teeming with maggots that feed on the flesh

The street is the graveyard, the dumpster the tomb
Forgotten and rotten beneath a red moon

A life once strong is worm food now
Conniving wretch has been cut down

Neck twisted sickly, eyes stare into space
A squirming mass erodes limbs and face
Feeding and eating, nauseating display
No coffin, no funeral, just life stripped away

A portrait of putrefaction, life beyond the grave
A coward soiled and bloated with maggots in his face

Discarded cadaver, no heartbeat is left
Teeming with maggots that feed on the flesh
The street is the graveyard, the dumpster the tomb
Forgotten and rotten beneath a red moon"

Nice!
Anybody got the ukulele tab for it?

Guess we can all try to find them, if you promise to do a cover of it ;).