Alive or Preferably Dead / Vivi o preferibilmente morti (Duccio Tessari, 1969)

Maybe not that properly. I think that 1,66:1 is the correct aspect ratio.

1,66:1 films are meanwhile very often masked to 1,85:1 to fit the 16:9 TV standard.

Curious association aided by the presence of the glass of orange juiceā€¦ :smiley:

[/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=italian][url]http://postimage.org/[/url]

I actually liked it this time a little more as I previously had it rated as one of the worst. The cast is fine and I always can enjoy me some Wilder Bothers harmonies. The impressive stunt work however is marred by some horrific horse falls that are quite disturbing.

JosƩ Canalejas and Luis Barboo as sharp shooting Texas Rangers

Captain Ranger ? and Ranger Dan van Husen

Bad Jim henchmen Joaquin Parra and Alvaro de Luna

Bad Jim Henchmen including SimĆ³n Arriaga

Rafael AlbaicĆ­n, train passenger seen observing and taking notes

Pasting images seems to work :grinning:

Yes it seems the new forum maintains it own cache of images so if you e.g. paste in the url for a given image, that image will be downloaded so even if the image url becomes invalid it will still show properly in here. Pretty smart.

Pretty smart

Excerpt from the American Widescreen Museum Glossary, section concerning Miscellaneous and non-existent formats:

Actually I still donā€™t understand this Panoramico thing, now less than ever. I thought it meant films shot in 1,66:1, but it seems that most of the Spags were shot in 1,85:1, but it also seems nobody knows for sure.

There was someone who said Panoramico was an anamorphic widescreen format in early silent film times, but that at least has nothing to do with all these non anamorphic SWs.

Jonathan may check this: SCHERMO PANORAMICO, CHE EMOZIONE! I formati

Yes, the above-mentioned Glossary lists also an existing format named Panoramico Alberini (AR 2,52:1), an inter-war period thing:

Ok, but it is spherical 70 mm film, not anamorph 35 mm

Itā€™s Pasquale Simeoli a.k.a. Lino Desmond (see Zorro films thread, Reply#92).

PS2

1 Like

Both the version on RaiHD as well as the new Explosive BluRaz are 1;33:1 by the way. My vote is for open matteā€¦ still a bit of a bummer, I hate 4:3 :wink:

It is on Dutch Netflix at the moment. Not my piece of cake I found out. Could not watch in in 1 sit but did it in chunks of 20 minutes.
Most about the movie is said in this thread. For a comedy movie the horses had to suffer a lot and a note at the end about not harming animals would be appropriate. Stuntwork is indeed great but distracts from the plot.

By the way, hard to search title in the Forum when the commas are used and the wrong Vivo in stead of Vivi is used (what is the difference by the way). This mistake is more common I saw on the net.

1 Like

But we do use Vivi, where do we use vivo with this title? Vivi o, preferibilmente, morti - The Spaghetti Western Database
The difference is Vivo=I live, vivi=alive

Hey, I said on the net, not on this forum :upside_down_face:

I searched the database on Gemma, looked for the right title and the copy / pasted it in the search box after I found out that the title is misspelled around the internet (rotten tomatoes for example but there are more)

I misunderstood that thenā€¦ but the SWDb is full of mistakes, we need sharp eyes to spot and fix them :slight_smile:

But the search of the SWDb is a problem, it will be fixed at some point in the future

2 Likes

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

1 Like

This movieā€™s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please report any errors and please contribute facts, info, links, texts, reviews or images.