Alfonso Brescia

I’m curious for spaghettis by cult-director Brescia.

He has done some really obscure films, and apparently also 4 or 5 westerns, but I haven’t seen anyone myself yet.

I giorni della violenza/ Sein Wechselgeld ist Blei was released by Koch and I’ve read your review.

Anybody seen his other films?

Alfonso Brescia (aka Al Bradley)

His SW:

1965: La colt è la mi legge (Colt is the law)

• haven’t seen it, is supposed to be average

1966: Killer Calibro 32 ( Killer Caliber .32)

• good one, his most entertaining SW

1967: I giorni della violenzia (Days of violence)

• slightly above average

Voltati ... ti uccido ! (If one is born a swine ... kill him)

• haven’t seen it, is supposed to be quite boring

1968: Carogne si nasce ( If one is born a swine)

1975: Zanna Bianca e il cacciatore solitario (White fang and the hunter)

• far below average, very boring, his worst SW

Brescia’s SW are technically all very good, the movies are almost all around average !!!

His westerns are not great but the best he’s ever delivered compared to his really sorry science-fiction flics !!![flash=200,200][/flash][left][/left]

Danke schön, Bluntwolf.

Days of violence looked too american, according to Sebastian.

How is Killer Caliber .32 in it’s style?

Ain’t no thang !!!

It’s been a while since I’ve seen ‘Killer Calibro 32’ (Stirb oder töte) but I remember it as a quite good movie. Peter Lee Lawrence (Karl Otto Hirenbach) is in it again and plays well !!! The style is, I think, close to ‘Days of violence’ but not too American !!!

[quote=“Bluntwolf, post:2, topic:291”]Alfonso Brescia (aka Al Bradley)

His SW:

1965: La colt è la mi legge (Colt is the law)

1966: Killer Calibro 32 ( Killer Caliber .32)

• good one, his most entertaining SW

1967: I giorni della violenzia (Days of violence)

• slightly above average

Voltati ... ti uccido ! (If one is born a swine ... kill him)

• haven’t seen it, is supposed to be quite boring

1968: Carogne si nasce ( If one is born a swine)

1975: Zanna Bianca e il cacciatore solitario (White fang and the hunter)

• far below average, very boring, his worst SW

Brescia’s SW are technically all very good, the movies are almost all around average !!!

His westerns are not great but the best he’s ever delivered compared to his really sorry science-fiction flics !!![flash=200,200][/flash][left][/left][/quote]

ALFONSO BRESCIA / AL BRADLEY Director of CULT SWs SciFis Adventure ETC

A very skillful, proficient, competent, innovative DIRECTOR is ALFONSO BRESCIA.

I hope to post a more complete and complimentary CV of his prolific Film Career.

The SWs with PETER LEE LAWRENCE are memorable,well acted/directed/scored. :o

Bluntwolf, you forgot White Fang and the Gold Diggers (La spacconata), which, I think, was shot back-to-back with White Fang and the Hunter. Both have same locations, many same actors and Alessandroni’s score is very much alike. White Fang and the Hunter is rock bottom, a comedy westerns starring Pedro Sanchez! Now who would like to watch a film starring him!? But of course it has good score and a scene where Sanchez is kissing horse’s ass (possibly the only funny scene he ever did), so it’s not all bad. God Diggers is better and more serious adventure/western starring Robert Woods with Sanchez only in a supporting role. Snowy landscapes and beautiful score, average storyline. Not great but not that bad, either. Both were inspired by Lucio Fulci’s White Fang.

Killer Calibro 32 is his only really good SW, murder mystery western with P.L.L. as a gunfighter-detective with a pistol made of silver and shooting silver bullets (hence character’s name “Silver”)! The Price is Death (with Garko as Silver) is a semi-sequel to this. Great animated opening credit sequence also. Days of Violence is below average in my oppinion, to US-like and P.L.L. is not too good in this one. Turn… I’ll Kill You (Voltati … ti uccido!) is low-budget effort with ok story, lots of action and Fernando Sancho doing one of his best roles. Trashy fun. Lynching (Carogne si nasce) is slow-moving, boring B-western.

His Sci-Fi films are indeed worth experiencing! Severing Films (US) is going to release his Bestia nello spazio (“Beast in Space”) on DVD. Psychedelic rip-off of French art/sex movie La Bete (starring Finnish cult fav. Sirpa Laine) set in space and starring… yes, Sirpa Laine! Psychedelic stuff with horny faun, exploding golden cyborgs, softcore sex scenes, Vassili Karis, ultra-strange electronic/ambient sountrack, mad deadly computer god etc. One of the strangest trash movies I’ve ever seen!

I can’t tell if Brescia was any good as a director as he was always forces to work with such miserable budgets. He made few good movies and lots of trash films, some good and enjoyable, some just boring.

having watched, analysed, researched Nearly ALL of

ALFONSO BRESCIA

FILMS SWs SCI FI THRILLERS

I can state my opinion that OVER 90% of BRESCIA’s FILMS are HIGH QUALITY/ CULT

Nearly ALL BRESCIA’s SWS are memorable, well acted/directed, good music/locations.

Full Details soon :smiley: