Actor Pat Hingle dead at 84

Veteran actor Pat Hingle dies at 84 in NC home
1 hour ago

CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (AP) — Pat Hingle, a veteran actor whose career included a recurring role as Commissioner Gordon in several Batman movies in the 1990s, has died. He was 84.

Family friend Michele Seidman says Hingle died at his home in Carolina Beach shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday.

Seidman says he decided to settle in the coastal town after shooting the movie “Maximum Overdrive” in the area in 1986. He lived there for more than 15 years.

She said Hingle had battled multiple health problems over the last several years.

His career in movies and television spanned six decades, and he was also nominated for a Tony Award in 1958. Hingle’s last movie was “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby,” which was released in 2006.

Pat played Judge Fenton in Clint Eastwood’s “Hang ‘Em High. :’(”

Rest in Peace, Pat

Always interesting to watch and of course worked with Clint in Rawhide, The Gauntlet and Sudden Impact aswell as the Clint film already mentioned.

Eastwood and Pat Hingle in Hang 'Em High

Not viewed Hang 'Em High for many years now.

What a way to start off the new year! Last year was a celebrity genocide. RIP Hingle

Last year took

Ledger
Heston
Mac
Law
Scheider
Widmark
Minghella
Carlin (funniest comedian ever and was especially depressed by the news)
Hays
Newman
Page

On and on. RIP

Sad year indeed.

And we just lost jazz legend Freddie Hubbard last week, too. Not too many jazz legends left.

Yes, I was very saddened by this news too. Hubbard was one of my favourite trumpet players and made some fantastic recordings with Bluenote back in the fifties which I listen to regularly.

On a seperate note, we also lost Donald E. Westlake last week. A great crime writer who also wrote the screenplay for The Grifters, one of my favourite films from the 90s.

Very sad.

R.I.P. Pat Hingle, a good actor who will be missed.

Didn’t know about Freddie Hubbard, i’d go and listen to some but my decks aren’t set up.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:10, topic:1505”]R.I.P. Pat Hingle, a good actor who will be missed.

Didn’t know about Freddie Hubbard, i’d go and listen to some but my decks aren’t set up.[/quote]

Well here’s the man himself playing ‘I Remember Clifford’ a Benny Golson composition which shows hjis talents off reasonably well. Jazz isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but give it a go.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5515069811040425068&ei=R9tnSdu2E4qGjQLHtviuBA&q=Freddie+Hubbard&hl=en-GB