A WILD EAST poll

Ehm… nope, they’re just making allowances for the fact that it all might cost more. Don’t take it for granted that it’s so cheap (translation, synchronization - it’s all made by people). And don’t forget that Wild East discs are produced for a niche market and they aren’t popular. In case of prominent releases, it isn’t a problem, but for them it may be a nuisance.

Personally, I’d like to have both dubs - English and Italian, but I don’t think it’s very probable.

What is the “native” language? How can you assume one language as being native? Isn’t it true that there could be actors/actresses speaking languages from all over Europe in one scene? If they were dubbed in Italian is that really native? Why is an Italian dub better than an English dub or German dub or Spanish dub, etc.? Why would the inflections be better on an Italian dub where a majority of the main actors would be speaking a language(s) other than Italian?

Well thanks, feel like an idiot for forgetting that ;D

Yeah it really all comes down to personal preference. I personally like the voice of the main lead/s if possible. If we got Clint Eastwood delivering lines…I want to hear Clint’s voice. I know drastic point but still.

Richard, you’re wrong. Several people have come up with different reasons for it being expensive. All true.

If you want Italian dub, get an Italian release.

What is the "native" language? How can you assume one language as being native? Isn't it true that there could be actors/actresses speaking languages from all over Europe in one scene? If they were dubbed in Italian is that really native?

Well the directors and screenwriters were of course Italian/Spanish as were the scripts. Actors language and what they spoke didn’t matter because they were going to be dubbed into Italian anyways, even if they all were Italian. From what I understood the directors sometimes had specific dubbers in mind even during filming because the voices were important. If Eastwood were fluent in Italian he still would have been dubbed by Salerno. Maybe. I don’t know what Leone thought of his voice.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:25, topic:3228”]Richard, you’re wrong. Several people have come up with different reasons for it being expensive. All true.

If you want Italian dub, get an Italian release.[/quote]

But then he still hasn’t English subs to understand what is spoken.

I’m very glad that Koch includes on nearly all their SW discs subs translated from the Italian version. Especially as so many German dubs are very “inventive” in their “translations” and simply trying to translate the original was only an unwelcome option for them.

Quote from Richard–W
*I can’t believe that ten of you (so far) would vote against the chance to get the native language with optional English subs. You don’t want to hear the inflections and subtleties of the native language and you don’t want anyone else to, either.

This is pretty funny. Why offer up a vote if you’re going to slam those that don’t vote the way you want them to? Ha!

Quote from Richard--W *I can't believe that ten of you (so far) would vote against the chance to get the native language with optional English subs. You don't want to hear the inflections and subtleties of the native language and you don't want anyone else to, either.

This is pretty funny. Why offer up a vote if you’re going to slam those that don’t vote the way you want them to? Ha!

Probably a politician.

I’m watching Viscont’s The Leopard at the moment and was remarking to myself how perfectly dubbed the Italian version is, the Italians sure could dub in their own language comapred to some of the horrors inflicted upon us in the English dubs.

On one hand, it would be swell to get dubs and subs, but on the other hand, someone could take the release, and add the languages and subs themselves, like on cinemageddon, but the downside to that would be not as many people would be able to watch them.

I would definitely take subs for english language audiotrack. As long as subs match english dub.