A Violent Professional: The Films of Luciano Rossi

I just ordered this book, a lot of Spaghetti Westerns and Italian crime films should be covered in it.

http://www.fabpress.com/vsearch.php?CO=FAB079

I just received this book.

It includes a Foreword written by fellow “Bad guy” Rick Boyd. (1. Page)
An Introduction written by the author (2. pages)
A Biography (6. pages) that includes several pictures.

The bulk of the book consists of a survey of the films that Luciano Rossi starred in. (103. pages)
This material includes a text to all films presented, some only get a few lines, but most get half a page or more.
Besides that the survey is chock-full of pictures and posters from all the films.

Finally the book also has a helpful Index (4. pages)

I highly recommended this book. The survey alone with all it’s pictures and posters of well known films, and some lesser known, makes this a reference guide to Italian cult films.

Is there a fair amount of coverage for the spaghetti westerns?

Flynn

[quote=“flynnparadox, post:3, topic:641”]Is there a fair amount of coverage for the spaghetti westerns?

Flynn[/quote]

I would say that about half of the survey is devoted to SW’s.

Excellent. Thanks!

I met the author and she signed my copy for me :slight_smile:

That’s great, did you ask her if she is still planning to do a similar book on Rick Boyd? :slight_smile:

I just ordered this book.

Luciano Rossi is one of my favorite character actors in italian westerns and especially in cop films and gialli. He’s almost always playing some crazed villains, perverts and loonies. He is so great in Death walks in midnight.

His greatest role in spaghetti westerns must be the villain in django the Bastard.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:8, topic:641”]I just ordered this book.

He is so great in Death walks in midnight.[/quote]

I just ordered this film yesterday, and I could not agree more Luciano Rossi is one of the best at portraying maniac villains in film history.

[quote=“Dorado, post:9, topic:641”]I just ordered this film yesterday, and I could not agree more Luciano Rossi is one of the best at portraying maniac villains in film history.[/quote]Did you buy it separately or with Luciano Ercoli Death box? The box set has Death walks at midnight, death walks on high heels and Stelvio Cipriani compilation cd.

I purchased the Luciano Ercoli Death box. I got the box-set for just £11.50 at amazon.uk

i didn’t ask her but she did tell me :slight_smile:

Just been looking on Xploited cinema and saw that they now have this book, reminding me to get it on my xmas list!

BTW, anything to add concerning a book about Rick Boyd? Cos that’s something i’d REALLY like to see! :wink: