A request for help with the identification of three Westerns

Dear friends,

I would like to ask you a favor. I remember three scenes from three westerns (probably also action or adventure films) from my childhood. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the nationality, the year of production, the director or the actors of all three films. I would like to watch the movies again, but I need to identify them first. Can you please help me identify the movies?

1.) In the first film, there is a fight between a gunman and some warrior with a sword or a spear (probably an Asian warrior or an Indian). In the duel, the fighter ends up stabbing the gunslinger.

2.) in the second movie the mexicans are chasing a man on a plain or in a jungle and when they catch up with him, they cut off his ear and probably a piece of his face with a machete. This is not the movie Django (1966) by Sergio Corbucci.

3.) The third film is probably a modern western set in the present day. It features a female protagonist wearing jeans, a t-shirt (or sweat-shirt), a hat and a cocking rifle (probably a shotgun or bullet firearm).

I’ve been looking for these three movies for years yet, but without success. It can also be Mexican or Turkish westerns, I don’t know. I have only fragmentary memories from my childhood.

Thank you very much for your help,

Jan

Just a wild guess, maybe Red Sun for 1. and The Quick and the Dead for 3……?

I’m picturing Jane Fonda in Comes a Horseman for the last one.

It’s not “Comes a Horseman” (1978) by Alan J. Pakula. This movie I have in mind is set in the very present when the movie was made (around the 70’s or 80’s). I suspect that part of the film also takes place in a modern big city. It is a type of action modern western from today.

It can probably also be “Red Sun” (1971) by Terence Young. In the case of the second film, no, because it is an action modern western set in the 1970s or 1980s.