A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die - Wild East DVD

DVD of A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE - Wild East edition. Original, genuine.

Rare and Out-of-Print.

Make an offer.

Want to ask about locating a new, uncut copy of the dvd of “A Reason To Live, A Reason To Die” (1972), starring James Coburn and Telly Savalas, to replace the one stolen from my home during a burglary of February 5, 2019.
Can you please help me here?

Hello, all! I’m looking for what is apparently the ultra-rare, 119-minute, “Wild East” restored director’s cut of “A Reason To Live, A Reason To Die” (1972). While I intend to replace all of my spaghetti-western DVDs–as well as all of the other films in my collection with only the finest–and newest DVDs or Blu-Rays of these movies available–my entire film collection was stolen during a burglary of my home in February, 2019–it is a point of special pride for me to replace the aforementioned movie, as it was one of the comparatively few movies in my collection to be stolen before I could view it. Of course, I will accept nothing less than a brand-new, unused copy of this initially-under-rated, but now classic, work of the great Tonino Valerii.

I would say this is the reason you’ll likely end up empty handed my friend. What are the odds that someone kept one of the earlier WE DVDs all these years without unwrapping it?
You should opt for a used copy without scratches, that should be just as good. Every once in a while, one pops up on ebay…

I have an unopened, sealed, Day of Anger dvd from Wild East, lol. So there is a chance. But usually, beggars don’t get to be choosers.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I take it all back :))

I have an unopened The Dirty Outlaws!

There is a sealed copy on ebay right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402891380481?hash=item5dce329701:g:8zQAAOSwE61gtrD0

That said picking it up because it is sealed and only because of that and then unshrinking it is ridiculous. You will end up paying a ton of extra money for the joy of unwrapping something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Sebastian,
Thank you for your great concern, my friend, but I will take my chances. So, does anyone out there have a new and unused director’s cut of “A Reason To Live, A Reason To Die” (1972)?

:slight_smile: u gotta figure out this forum thing though, amigo. You replied by mail (which is fine), so maybe u didn’t see just before your reply someone supplied you with a link to exactly what you’re looking for…

Random but pertinent thoughts:

1. Most of my copies of the first 35 Wild East releases are still sealed. So they do actually exist LOL.

2. There is not only a copy for sale on eBay, but a sealed copy on Amazon as well; did the OP even do a MINIMAL amount of searching? Doesn’t seem so.

3. The whole “Of course, I will accept nothing less than a brand-new, unused copy…” attitude is a real turn-off. Especially on the heels of the sympathy plea. My first thought was “Even if I wanted to sell my copy, I wouldn’t sell it to this guy”. (See the “Choosing Beggars” Sub-Reddit for myriad similar examples of sympathy-fishing+attitude)

4. Can we take this discussion off of email?

Thanks,

DC

2 Likes

Actually being still sealed is the best thing which could happen to any copy of A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die. :wink:

The forum automatically emails you updates to subscribed topics unless you are logged in at the moment. You can always unwatch a topic or mute it (there’s a button for it at the end of the topic).

1 Like

Burglars don’t usually steal DVDs … it’s not high on their priority list of items to seek out ! I find this story and thread quite pathetic and ridiculous.

You’re a harsh man, Stanton. :grin:

1 Like

I’m using all 50 of my sealed copies as a coffee table right now. Think i’ll throw them away soon.

2 Likes

Aldo, my story is entirely true, and I can even give you the numbers of the police reports of these thefts if you want them! I’m also most happy to say that I recently bought the Arrow Films Steelbook version of “Django”–the best version of this 1966 classic currently offered, and a most fitting replacement for the Anchor Bay copies of this wonderful movie that had been stolen from me–and was delighted to find that, among its extras, was a copy of “Texas, Adios”, which was a great surprise to me, not the least reason for this being that a copy of the Anchor Bay version of “Texas, Adios” had also stolen from me in an incident that actually did occur, no matter how “pathetic and ridiculous” you find my story!

Thank you, Sebastian!

Yes, DC, I did search–and most painstakingly so, on both Ebay and Amazon, and could never find what I wanted until I was contacted as to where I could indeed locate such a copy–a copy I now possess, and am damned happy that I do, I also being very proud of myself in not compromising my standards so that I could obtain EXACTLY what I wanted, and I wish the same good fortune to you, and to everyone else on this website in each and every one of our endeavors!

1 Like