A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die / Una ragione per vivere e una per morire (Tonino Valerii, 1972)

Someone in Korea is selling one on eBay right now for a pretty reasonable price. It looks like they have several copies.

Thanks man. Watched it seven or eight years ago. Thought it was mediocre but it was the short version I managed to see on TV. It was the only Valerii western I didnā€™t care much for. Hopefully watching the full version will change that.

2 Likes

Could you post some screen shots from this release? It would be interesting to compare against the Wild East or Scandinavian DVDs as they didnā€™t do justice to the film. We know it can look pin sharp in the shorter Blu Ray version, so why the crappy transfers for DVD :wink:

1 Like

The uncut version didnā€™t improve anything compared to a very short German version with an idiotic comedy dub, which was for some time the only way to watch it here.
Directing and storytelling are pretty forgettable.

1 Like

For me, the un-cut version makes all the difference in the world but I love Valerii soā€¦ If that version ever gets a proper Blu-ray release it will be an immediate purchase.

I am quite interested in seeing the comparison as well. If there is a great difference, I might have to purchase the Korean release myself.

2 Likes

No worriesā€¦it landed the other day. If I find time next week Iā€™ll post some.

Cool. Hopefully I feel the same way.

@aldo Sorry about the delay on the screenshots mate, Iā€™ve barely stopped this last month. I tried uploading some today but our external disc drive wasnā€™t working (our laptop doesnā€™t have one) wasnā€™t working for some reason. Iā€™ll try again tomorrow or I can just take some with my phone if youā€™re happy with that??

No worries ā€¦ whenever you get a chance. Forget about phone pics off the telly, that doesnā€™t really give a good account. Cheers!

Knew youā€™d say that :joy: Safe, Iā€™ll have another go.

2 Likes

You old mind reader, you ! :wink:

Feel free to share your thoughts on this film too, via the new poll on the original post at the top of the thread! :arrow_up:

1 Like

I thought the film was slightly above average, but not too impressive. Granted, the version I have is a very weak dvd without CoburnĀ“s own dubbing. Would watching the film in a good version change my mind?

Iā€™d say slightly above average is a reasonable take away from it.

1 Like

Did you see the 113 minute release or the 90 minute?

1 Like

Shorter version has Coburnā€™ s own voice.

3 Likes

Of course. :roll_eyes: Not hitting on all cylinders today.

2 Likes

Iā€™m familiar with that feeling.

2 Likes

I have a Hungarian dvd of the 113 minute version. The quality is not too good, but it comes with the shittier English dub and a few interseting extras, stills and trailers.

1 Like

Itā€™s not in the database! Hyperventilates

I can give you all the info on it. Do you already have it or should I say?