A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die / Un minuto per pregare, un istante per morire (Franco Giraldi, 1968)

Just finished viewing the full version and its interesting how so many of the short cuts add up to a more serious and darker toned film. This is one that really deserves a proper uncut release. Its also interesting just to observe where some of the small cuts are made- its quickly apparent that they were done in order to make the film more ā€œniceā€

This was really the first time I have watched the movie from start to finish and I liked it more than I thought I would. A very unique plot for a spaghetti.

[quote=ā€œautephex, post:101, topic:271ā€]Just finished viewing the full version and its interesting how so many of the short cuts add up to a more serious and darker toned film. This is one that really deserves a proper uncut release. Its also interesting just to observe where some of the small cuts are made- its quickly apparent that they were done in order to make the film more ā€œniceā€

This was really the first time I have watched the movie from start to finish and I liked it more than I thought I would. A very unique plot for a spaghetti.[/quote]

Load it up, and we will load it down

Looking forward to viewing this version. Nether bothered viewing the Japanese version, as wanted to wait for this composite version :slight_smile: .

Done and doing

Should arrive soon ENNIOO :slight_smile:

Cheers Autephex :slight_smile: .

Just burning it to the disc, canā€™t wait to see this. Thanks, Autephex!

Iā€™d be interested to hear if anyone experiences any problems with the uncut disc. Its a hybrid source disc with mixed Film/NTSC video and it plays fine for me, but Iā€™m unsure if it will cause any problems in other players.

Just downloaded the DViX version and burned it to a disc; watched a couple of minutes on my PC, seemed to play fine.
Iā€™ll watch the movie tomorrow or the day after. Iā€™ve had a busy day and itā€™s already rather late overhere.

Updated the DVD info in the DB to reflect the correct MGM runtime of 98mins. It did show 118 min, which is the uncut runtime. Amazon has it listed incorrectly also as 118min.

Also notice there is no link to the DB entry in the original post, maybe a mod wants to edit it in:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Minuto_per_pregare,_un_istante_per_morire,_Un

[quote=ā€œautephex, post:109, topic:271ā€]Also notice there is no link to the DB entry in the original post, maybe a mod wants to edit it in:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Minuto_per_pregare,_un_istante_per_morire,_Un[/quote]

I assume only Seb is able to do so.

I watched Autephexā€™s work of art yesterday night

That was quite a job, Autephex.
Above all, the new material seems to change the mood of the film. It never felt like an upbeat movie, but i only now realized how sad, how downbeat it all is.

Iā€™ll be writing a review over the next few days, and I will ask you to add some comments on your work, what material you used, how you did, all the technical stuff. Can you do that?

No problem, in fact I can probably add far too many comments about technical details :wink:

Have to admit learning about a few things when you have mentioned a few of these techincal details.

PM me the text, Iā€™ll check if I understand - more or less - whatā€™s being said.
If thereā€™s a part I donā€™t understand at all, we can always try to rewrite it. But thereā€™s no need to be simplistic, we might have readers who are interested in all the technical details.

And here he is, the fastest autephex in the West:

[/URL]

[size=12pt][url=http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/A_Minute_to_Pray,_a_Second_to_Die_(Composite_version)_Review]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/A_Minute_to_Pray,_a_Second_to_Die_(Composite_version)_Review[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/screenshot9bd1.png/[/url][/size]

Might it be a good idea to link it on the database review/entry to where you can download this new composite version of the film?

I donā€™t know, John. Cinemageddon doesnā€™t want too much attention drawn to the site. Maybe autephex has something to say about this.

This really made an impression on me, because its kind of strange how much effect such short cuts have. I had to watch it a second time just to see if I still had the same take on it, and again these scenes really seem to somehow add a depth to everything. I almost feel silly for saying it because its not a lot of really dramatic cuts. Perhaps it is partially because I find it very interesting to see how a studio went about altering a film in order to change its entire message/character. These editors were almost surgical with their precision, in regards to cutting very little for big effect. Iā€™m afraid maybe Iā€™m talking it up a bit too much though, donā€™t want to create hard to meet expectations for anyone :wink:

Yeah, probably not the best idea for either site. I wasnā€™t really sure how much it should even be mentioned really. However Iā€™d like to take a note from the Bible, and refer you to Matthew 7:7http://bible.cc/matthew/7-7.htm

But it is still strange that the MGM does contain 2 scenes which are not part of the 118 min version.

And for me the film makes even in the long version still a cut impression.

Aute you said that in the composite version still some shorter stuff form the Japanese version is missing?

Hello everybody,

this year I also cut an almost uncut version of A minute to pray a second to die.
I used the German TV version of the film, the french version and the MGM version.

The movie running time of my version is now about 126 minutes and 20 seconds.

The end credits are not complete and end suddenly. So my question: How long do the end credits run on the japapanes version?
I also suggest that at the beginning of the film is missing part of the scene when Mc Cord and Fred where ambushed by the bounty hunters in the ruin. This scene ends in my version when Mc Cord
fake shots with his pistol on the bandit and walks away. Then you can see the next scene when Mc Cord and Fred sits on the ground/sleep. So my question: Is the scene with the bounty hunters longer or is there a third scene between?
My last question: Is there a scene existing where you can see the killing of Fred by the two bounty hunters?

Thanks and best regards
Tabernas