A Man Called Amen / Either All or None / O tutto o niente (Guido Zurli, 1968)

Still not watched this oneā€¦will get there one day.

With the kid and a lot of pressure in Works havenā€™t watch the SW I wanted in the last days. To make things worst I take to decide which one to watch.
So glad I went for this small low profile but nice spaghetti, more than Ok in the entertainment department.

Always liked Ardisson, a perfect face for SW, and in all not a bad actor, he does have some style and even looks different from other SW Iā€™ve seen with him.
Also liked the villains, they really looked real and mean, even the one used for comic relieve wasnā€™t too intrusive, I didnā€™t knew many of the actors but for instance the guy who plays the Pinkerton detective gives a nice performance, even in the final scene when the truth is revealed his face is totally different from the rest of the film, also the big guy (Fred Coplan) looked like a real actor.

And we still have the Akim Tamiroff curiosity, not a household name, but still a relatively big name in the 50ā€™s, his dual characters are just perfect.

The story is no masterpiece of course and some scenes are just a bit overlong, but the twists in the end are well made.

So no surprises but no complains also, well maybe one the title sends you a bit more to a kind of ethereal or mystical character, which is not the case, after the first scenes the Amen stuff is almost forgotten.
But in the in a nice example of a well made unpretentious spag.

Nice classical western score for a change in a SW and that goes along well with the English dubbed version

Itā€™s not him Rev, surprisingly in this one Calisti plays the dressed in black gunman (!) Johnny Siringo.

Re-watched this one again. I really like George Ardisson in this, and for me it just gets better with repeated viewings.

Finally watched it.
I agree with most comments, decent low-budget spagh with a good Ardisson

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/A_Man_Called_Amen_Review

2 Likes

12 minutes documentary from 2001 about Coplan, whose real name was Vladan Popov

1 Like

A Man Called Amen was a good one. Cross him and heā€™ll make you give the sign of the cross.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

1 Like

This movieā€™s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please report errors or submit more info. We could use pictures, links, trivia, reviews, etc.

Maybe I am not patient enough since after 23 minutes of a lousy Youtube copy I gave up and was about to make a note of it for the record but discovered that I had already watched it before a few years ago although that time I lasted 26 minutes :slight_smile:

2 Likes