A Gunman Called Dakota / Un uomo chiamato Dakota (Mario Sabatini, 1972)

Database page: Uomo chiamato Dakota, Un - The Spaghetti Western Database

Finally i got this very rare SW: A Gunman Called Dakota - with Gordon Mitchell and
Anthony Freeman. Dir: Mario Sabatini (his second SW of Two) His first was -
Sheriff of Rock Springs. An Average SW but fun to watch.
Takes place after the Civil War, and includes a Gold Shipment.
In Italian, Widescreen, Average Quality.

Tom.

I saw a DVD-R copy from Canadian TV. Slow moving low budget western. Mitchell at his best as the outlaw using his badge for protection. Some recognizable Italian actors and the always present Franco Gula as the old man. Only completists and those suffering from insomnia need watch it.

Another one I can scratch from my watch list. Apparently I saw the same version as Tom_B, very bad quality in Italian. Couldn’t really figure what’s the film was all about, not just because of the language barrier but because the bad print which seemed to be missing parts here and there (there wasn’t even opening credits). Gordon Mitchell is terrorising town, Mario Novelli is the hero and nothing really interesting happens until it’s over. Yep, only for completists. 2/10

I also have seen the version from Canadian TV, which has the first ten minutes missing. Does anyone have the full version in any language that they could share? Thanks.

Gunman Called Dakota has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etc…

2 Likes

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread: