A Fistful of Holly and Ivy 2023

‘MERRY CHRISTMAS’! to all my companeros, sheriffs, and banditos.

Not everybody enjoys the ‘season of good-will’ and ‘excessive spending’. I still enjoy the former, and thankfully bid adios to the latter a few years ago…

The season can be one of intense joy, mild bemusement, and downright indifference, or soul-destroying sadness and loneliness - depending on individual circumstances.

But: However you amigos wish to spend the next few days, I wish all on ‘SWDB’ a memorable time: either on your own, with family and friends, or simply with other folk who share your thoughts and feelings.

Personally…I’m going to do the same as last year. Spending it on my own…if you can count the entire cast of ‘The Great Escape’ as being on your own! :cowboy_hat_face: :wine_glass:

Yup! ‘The Great Escape’; a glass or two of port, and (as Scrooge would say), a glass of the ‘Milk of Human Kindness’. Classic seasonal episodes of ‘Steptoe and Son’, a ‘BBC Ghost Story’, and the day is complete.

Anyway, I’ve just tried to see the occasion from all angles…

Cheers, amigos!

Best for Christmas and the New Year!.. :cowboy_hat_face: :cactus: :evergreen_tree: :wine_glass: :champagne:

10 Likes

Happy holidays to all observing. I’ll certainly do some work on the database over the next couple days :wink: my usual occupation for this time of the year. The actual festive season is already behind us, which was #spagvemberfest of course

5 Likes

Yeah…sorry I missed it this year, due to unforeseen circumstances… :unamused:

I’ll be kicking it off next year with the gorgeous new print and media book of ‘Arizona Colt’ :smiley:.

Merry Christmas Toscano and everyone else here of course.
This’ll be the first time in about 15 years I’ll have all my kids (well of course they’re all adults now) around for Christmas so it’s going to be a very good one for me. Lot’s of food, drink, board games, films and post-film discussions. That is pretty much heaven for me.

We all have different circumstances but sincerely wish everyone the very best you can have for the festive season.

3 Likes

That sounds pretty good to me, amigo. :cowboy_hat_face: :evergreen_tree:

Merry Christmas to you Toscano and to anyone else on the Forum who celebrates this Festive Time of Year. For those of us who do celebrate, have a wonderful time with your families and friends. For those that find this time of year a little tough, believe me things will and do get better with time, and eventually the joy of the Holidays will shine bright once again.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas, to all of you guys!

4 Likes

A Jingle Django Christmas to all!
See what I did there?..Fair enough. I’ll get my coat

5 Likes

2023 - HAPPY CHRISTMAS, and A GLORIOUS, PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR FOR 2024…

“Yippee ki yay. …Ho, ho, ho…now I have a machine gun…”

Wishing all you amigos and senoritas well on ‘SWDB’, however you may feel at the moment.

I know it’s a bit early, but sending you my sincerest, warmest wishes, just in case the bug that I’ve come down with gets worse and ruins Christmas Day…

At the moment, I’ve come down with a cold/flu whatever. Same as last year.
It doesn’t seem to be as bad as last year, though, when i felt even worse.
So, I’m counting my blessings.

I feel like John McLane from ‘Die Hard’
Another year, (a man in the wrong place, at the wrong time) :smile:

Thank u all for being a part of ‘SWDB’… :+1: :wine_glass: :santa:

Hope you all stay well, and enjoy being with loved ones, if possible.
As for me, ‘The Great Escape’ and ‘Where Eagles Dare’ are on the menu for a fun time…

:champagne: :wine_glass: :+1: :santa:

8 Likes

Get well soon @Toscano and hope you and your loved ones have a Merry Christmas :smiley:

7 Likes

Happy Christmas, you crazy lot!

@Admin @Phil_H @makesthemovie @aldo @Toscano @LankyGringo @Max @Gritz @Dean @Bill_san_Antonio @AvatarDK @Companero_M @Bill_Willer @runner @stanton @IllThinkAboutIt @RockyRaccoon @Meceita @Mickey13 @Carlos @ElDavido @Grinder @TheSwede @TheyCallMeGoldMod @The_Man_With_a_Name @JonathanCorbett @JohnBaxter @JohnnyCashFan66 @NeedleFork @GuyDana @DocMarlowe @I_love_Cat_Stevens @scherpschutter @last.caress @LooneyElmerFudd @ENNIOO @Piripero @p.pereira

Hope you are well. All the best!

21 Likes

Merry Crimbo to yourself Lewis :christmas_tree:

9 Likes

Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year to you, Lewis!

And, to all the other wonderful people on the site as well. You all are truly a great group of people to spend time hanging out with online.

8 Likes

Thank you, Lewis! Merry Yuletide to you and all!

7 Likes

Happy Holidays Amigos! And I hope 2024 is a great year for all of us. I mean a peaceful, prosperous, fun time.

Keep on enjoying those movies! :beers: :100:

7 Likes

Thank you Lewis, Toscano and all you companeros.
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2024😀

8 Likes

Have a great Christmas & New Year🤠

7 Likes

Yep have a nice Christmas all.

My New Years resolution will be getting up to speed with all those nice spaghetti western releases. Am way behind :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone, and Happy Holidays to those who don’t celebrate! Love you all :gift_heart: :christmas_tree:

7 Likes

Merry Christmas everybody and Happy New Year. :+1:

8 Likes