60's-70's Cool

The 60s thru the 70s included some of the coolest action stars ever. They never spoke much, and always let their guns do the talking. Who was your favorite, and why?

My vote goes to Coburn. He give us so much unforgettable charakters…

Mostly sad, lonesome men, who had something dark inside.
Oh… I love him in every film I’ve seen, but my favourite is PG&BtK.

[quote=“Sean Mallory, post:2, topic:659”]My vote goes to Coburn. He give us so much unforgettable charakters…

Oh… I love him in every film I’ve seen, but my favourite is PG&BtK.[/quote] He was the best of the Bond rip-offs in the Flint movies, and I always liked him as the knife thrower in Magnificent Seven.

The coolest guy out of your list is, hands down…The Chairman of the Board. Sinatra defined what cool was.

[quote=“Jill, post:2, topic:659”]My vote goes to Coburn. He give us so much unforgettable charakters…

Oh… I love him in every film I’ve seen, but my favourite is PG&BtK.[/quote]

Yeah Coburn, I always liked him. And Pat Garrett belongs to the films I really love.

And I wished he had made some more great films.

Lee Marvin in ‘Point Blank’ a supercool movie. Sergio Leone was fond of it and maybe got the idea of the flashback structure in ‘Once Upon a Time in America’ from this masterpiece of neonoir.

[quote=“Pacificador, post:4, topic:659”]The coolest guy out of your list is, hands down…The Chairman of the Board. Sinatra defined what cool was.[/quote]I agree. Person who made “My Way” must be the coolest guy ever.

Lee Van Cleef! He is incredibly cool i think.

[quote=“Buckshot, post:6, topic:659”]Lee Marvin in ‘Point Blank’ a supercool movie. Sergio Leone was fond of it and maybe got the idea of the flashback structure in ‘Once Upon a Time in America’ from this masterpiece of neonoir.[/quote]He was my second choice. Most of his work in this era was “cool”. I’m suprised no one has picked a kung fu actor yet.

Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry is cool as fuck!

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:10, topic:659”]Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry is cool as fuck![/quote]Clint was definitely cool, but 60’s-70’s cool? i don’t know. He was perceived, especially after Harry, as being ultra-conservative. Same with Sinatra and a few others on the list. McQueen had more of the rebel stick - it -to - the - man persona.

Damn! This is the second time I don’t see what I’m voting for! I was supposed to vote for Terence Hill but I voted for Clint!

I wouldn’t worry too much Silence. This thread has been dead for nearly two years!

But, like a zombie, it has risen from the dead!!! :o
( I voted for Steve McQueen ;D )

I have tendency to post in dead threads, mostly because I have nothing to do :P.

“Youth is wasted on the young.” Who said that? Oscar Wilde? Groucho Marx? :slight_smile:
Hey, new thread!

It depends on how you define “cool”. To me cool is 4 things:

1. Being yourself
  2. Don’t take shit from nobody
  3. Stickin it to the man
  4. Poise

I voted Bruce Lee because he most personifies my idea of cool.

Sounds good to me !

McQueen for me too, just the epitome of 60-70’s cool. Sheryl Crowe thinks so too, so it must be true. ;D

I chose Clint Eastwood, but I could choose any of these

Clint Eastwood
Henry Fonda
Lee Marvin
James Coburn
Steve McQueen

They’re heroes of mine in some ways