2019/2020 Improvement Mission

:+1:

OK try now

It works! :clap:

1 Like

no reactions to this? :wink:

A main stumbling block is that some unresolved technical issues still stand in the way of a decision to move forward with a small scale SWDb redesign. Once resolved, the way film entries will look like is something I want to implement along with it. Other tweaks will include introductory text on all pages (“This is a sub page that lists pictures of movie XYZ”) to make things more self explanatory and human friendly.

I need to know what all the possible info is (or items, cateogires, aspects) that a movie entry in the SWDb could theatrically cover. Of course we don’t have all that stuff for all movies, but for a few maybe. For some movie entries we may have some latest news and screening info, for others we may have extensive censorship notes, others we may barely have the essentials. So now I am drawing up a template that first of all includes the maximum kind of information. You can see it rudimentarily at https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Main_Page/filmseite
Please ignore the optics for now, but let me know what we are missing, what you would add, change, structurally and in terms of content. thanks!

1 Like

I was thinking about “script” and “info from the dvd/blu ray”.
Let me explain; I have the Vengeance dvd with the Spanish subtitles. I had the idea to translate all the subtitles, so I can follow the movie. But that is a lot of work.
And I have a few Explosive Media Mediabooks. The booklets are great, but I don’t speak German. It would be nice to read the info from these booklets on SWDb, but I don’t know if that’s okay by Koch. And again, somebody has to translate all the information.

1 Like

Not a bad idea. I too have German mediabooks that I have thought about translating in order to read, but I haven’t done so as yet - and I doubt if I will tbh because its a lot of work and I don’t necessarily buy them for that purpose anyway.

Funny coincidence, today I was using Google Translate on my phone to understand the text included in the German edition of The Hellbenders.

1 Like

How do we get our hands on these?

When you’ve written out all the text/subtitles I guess.

oh that’s what you mean by script :smiley:

1 Like

the test page does look good though :+1:

1 Like

Well, I am missing the director at “Cast and crew”
Maybe filming locations. Seeing the interest of people about these at the moment this could also be interesting.

good point

With this link you get a direct look at what I’m working on, in the look I am envisaging for it:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Main_Page/filmseite?useskin=Tweeki

Looks great.
Also, the trivia could be divided in shorter bullet points to make it more readable. is now 1 long paragraph.

Yes that is an option, it all depends on the movie. It may be a paragraph here, it could be almost nothing with another movie.
At this point I want to create a template that includes as many options for types of information we have on a movie as possible, and find clever ways of displaying them. Then we can roll it out to the entire database… but I want that to concide with a refresh of the SWDb’s overall look, which is still somewhat in a limbo unfortunately

How about box office receipts?

currently I envisage a " * Budget: ? Revenue: 1.026 billion Lira" in the box up top, but I dont know how this could practically look like and take up more space etc, suggestions welcome. Its own section?