With the SWDb software update comes new motivation to finally (after years of neglect) give the database some overdue cleanup, optimization and improvement. We want to fix up old pages, make articles look better, ensure visitors can find what they’re looking for, and we want to add pages, links, images and other information or tweaks that will make the SWDb better than ever before.
This topic is a wiki topic itself, meaning anyone can add to it, or cross off items that are done.
- Main Page was modernized ( ), still to do: bottom right corner explore link cloud.
- Sebastian needs to overhaul the main menu: what is missing in there, what can be deleted, do we need an additional menu item? in progress
- Sebastian needs to update all the disclaimer texts (privacy, about, copyright, etc.)
- Sebastian needs to put some essential info into the footer of the website (e.g. where the MediaWiki logos is), link essential links, contact info, maybe sponsors…
- Overhaul this page, or deleted it and forward to Introduction
- Use bigger pictures on the Introduction page, and ensure responsiveness
- For each movie, create a “censorship and versions” section reporting all information related to versions, censorship, cut scenes, etc., with references.
- Add IMDb-type keywords to film pages (for instance Dynamite, Machine gun, Whipping, Duel, Bank robbery, Bridge, Civil War, Native American, Hanging, Drinking Milk, Beating, Parasol, Revenge, Surprise ending, Mexican Revolution), but be rigid and specific list to avoid an uncontrolled proliferation of uninteresting or repetitive entries
- Uncredited actors marked with an asterisk or other graphic sign.
- Overhaul plot synopsis for all films to be spoiler-free but at the same time informative.
- Sebastian needs to remove that donations banner and replace it with something better (what could grace the bottom of all pages?). Done, now with a few helpful buttons
- Sebastian needs to update the newsletter page and newsletter archive
- Put social media links/icons into the header and footer (Twitter and Facebook)