What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:740, topic:425”]Picked up a C.D from my local carboot sale today…music from the old T.V series Batman by Nelson Riddle.

At least I will have no trouble remembering the lyrics to the song; Batman, Batman… :D.[/quote]

Me and the kids watch a DVD of the batman movie quite regularly(with Adam West and thingy in it). That old series just gets better as I get older. I like the Nelson Riddle theme (Yeah great lyrics…took hours to write) and the Ramones did a great cover of it…

Listening to American Idiot-Green Day.
Next will be some Guana Batz

Edit: It was actually The Guana Batz that did the Batman cover I was thinking about…Batman Psychobilly.

[quote=“Tigero, post:742, topic:425”]Listening to American Idiot-Green Day.
Next will be some Guana Batz

Edit: It was actually The Guana Batz that did the Batman cover I was thinking about…Batman Psychobilly.[/quote]

The Ramones did a great Spiderman cover though.

Yes Phil that’s what I got confused about…just happened to listen to the Guana Batz at that time and realised. Then checked out my Ramones stuff and saw it was spiderman. Us aged punks are getting a bit senile after all and with a few hundred singles and albums (about 300 of each) it can get a bit hazy.

Predator soundtrack by Alan Silvestri.

ghostbusters theme

parker lee ray

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers-“Anthology Through the Years” - Good tunes on a long drive(Dallas to Amarillo)

I’ve only got Full Moon Fever - Love is a Long Road amigo!
How far’s that then - probably monster compared to what we do on this side of the pond?

[Edit - oh yeah - another yank from that era - Steve Miller - Fly like an Eagle for me.]
[Edit again - jeez! (sorry boss) - I didn’t realise how many years apart these 2 albums are.]

Reverend-that’s some freaky stuff about Steve Miller because I took 2, count ‘em, 2 CD’s on this trip; the aforementioned Tom Petty and…Steve Miller Band “Greatest Hits 1974-78.” You’ve got some sort of ESP or you really are hooked up a little closer to the “Man upstairs” than I thought! By the way, its about 360 miles to Dallas from Amarillo. I should know, I’ve been making that trip every two or three weeks for the past eight years. I live in Amarillo but have many accounts in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and a few in between…And yeah, this drive is getting really old(just like me.) I put about 70,000 miles a year on my car. These freakin’ gas prices are killing me!

[quote=“AceHigh, post:749, topic:425”]Reverend-that’s some freaky stuff about Steve Miller because I took 2, count ‘em, 2 CD’s on this trip; the aforementioned Tom Petty and…Steve Miller Band “Greatest Hits 1974-78.” You’ve got some sort of ESP or you really are hooked up a little closer to the “Man upstairs” than I thought!
… These freakin’ gas prices are killing me![/quote]
Man - you better believe I’m hooked to the “man” - but we’re miles apart - ok, years apart, with SM. I got the Best of '68 - '73 here with me as well. I’m more You’re Saving Grace (obviously) than that Abracadabra (devil-witchcrafty stuff). I jest - ha ha - the joker ;). If I’m not playing sw theme cds, SM gets a good few turns on the player. Great stuff indeed. Trying to get a cd of FLAE over here was difficult I tell ya - but the Lord will/did provide (eventually).
Great drivin’ music I’m sure - the pair of ‘em. An’ shit fellah - that’s some way to go - you got a radio as well - or SM and TP gonna take you all the way.
Anyway - good journeying … :slight_smile:

What do you think of Metallica’s version of Ecstacy of Gold?

[url]Metallica - Ecstasy Of Gold (FULL SONG) New!!!!!! - YouTube

starmummy’s fault :wink:
The Big Gundown - Trojan stuff
Fantastic!!

Lo Chiamavano King soundtrack, which just arrived in the mail today. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lindberg, post:751, topic:425”]What do you think of Metallica’s version of Ecstacy of Gold?

[url]Metallica - Ecstasy Of Gold (FULL SONG) New!!!!!! - YouTube
Starts okay, but then ohhh my god it just hurt my ears, and I like metallica normally and am okay with hardrock/metal. But there i had to listen to the original for healing purpose. Some things just should be left like they are supposed to. But better than a cover that offers nothing new, like britney spears doing what she did, some i love rock´n´roll right???

To a band who are playing some tunes down my road.

Hehe, of course it’s not comparable to the original, and I’m no Metallica fan either

But I think it’s fun they like this piece of SW music enough to make a cover :smiley:

[quote=“Lindberg, post:756, topic:425”]Hehe, of course it’s not comparable to the original, and I’m no Metallica fan either

But I think it’s fun they like this piece of SW music enough to make a cover :D[/quote]
They even sampled a little piece of Morricone composition in the beginning of “The Unforgiven” so they sure like this kind of music :slight_smile:

Necro - The Sexorcist

didn´they always use the ectasy of gold as their entrance music. on the S&M album is a nice one too.

I’m listening “Boom de ah dah” from new Discovery Channel commercial. You must watch it on YouTube. It’s great! :smiley: