What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Just got a bunch of new soundtracks this morning so put on the score for Joe D’Amato’s Rosso Sangue aka Absurd:

So now I’m only waiting for the blu-ray release from 88 Films coming later this year :slight_smile:

Some intense music in that score… love the film !

excited that Demolition Hammer are back together and their reunion show was pretty sick to watch. I’ve been into them for the better half of ten years or so. Old school death/thrash. good stuff.

Also, 2016 has been a year of great releases,
1.Artillery Penalty by Perception
2.anthrax- for all kings
3.destruction- under attack
4.Megadeth -Dystopia
5. Exumer -The raging tides
6.exmortus- ride forth

My new 12 inch version of Assault On Precinct 13 by John Carpenter which I picked up at the Carpenter concert saturday last gone here in Manchester.

Various ‎– Library Of Sound Grooves: Jazz Expressions From The Italian Cinema (1963-1975)

Various ‎– The Beat, The Shake And The Lounge (Volume Due)

Good stuff!

Been listening to this quite a lot lately. Helped introduce me to Bob Seger’s wonderful music.

Woody Guthrie’s “Pastures of Plenty” by Peter Tevis and Ennio Morricone.

Listening to The White Buffalo a lot lately. Hoping to go see him in January, IF I can convince the good lady wife to join me.

Spot of G Moroder in the shape of “Chase” from Midnight Express. This is the extended version of the theme, and so ahead of its time, whilst having a beer of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

was here last night! they killed it!

Sad Dallas isn’t with them, but they still played with heart. Karl was on fire!

This is how last nights show opened and you can tell Overkill aren’t going through the motions in anyway. Easily the best band ( besides Judas Priest, and Slayer) I’ve seen yet.

Booked my tickets this morning to see Carpenter Brut in London next March. So, mostly today I’ve been getting my Brut on:

Grant Lee Phillips - Nineteeneighties (So strange how a New Order could seem like if it come out of a Western)

Green on Red - Gas Food Lodging

Guided by voices - Alien Lanes

Grant Lee Buffalo - Mighty Joe Moon

Mark Lanegan - Bubblegum

At the drive in - Relationship of Command

Wilco -Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Chelsea Wolfe - Apokalypsis

REM - Murmour

In full American dream mode

Here’s a recommendation for the blues hounds: Danish singer-writer Thorbjorn Risager… rocking, soulin… blues. great stuff

The Damned - Anything
The Damned - Phantasmagoria
Beautiful Pea Green Boat - Maremma and other stories
Durutti Column - Amigos em Portugal

anyone seen this

2017 really delivered some top

1.Overkill- The Grinding Wheel, over thirty years and seventeen studio albums, plenty of tours, ass kicking music videos, boat loads of singles, the oldest band in thrash metal is still as dirty as ever! No signs of losing their touch! Saw them and they smashed one old and new tunes!

2.Annihilator- For the demented shows Jeff waters and co knocking down the iron doors! riff after riff of melodic thrash glory! Jeff Waters is one of heavy metal’s finest guitar players, very very overlooked!

3.Kreator- Gods of Violence, German thrash legends still at it and this album doesn’t disappoint.

4.Accept- The rise of Chaos, anyone who dosent think Accept at their best dosent have their head on straight and this new album speaks volumes!

5.Immolation- Atonement, this is NY death metal at its best!

6.Mastodon- Emperor of Sand has the playing its prog, post metal rock, and carry’s the torch of prog rock into the 2018! Had the chance to see them and they were off the chart!

1 Like