What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Just been listening to a compilation album by Lalo Schifrin called ‘Most Wanted’, and think I am back in the 70’s listening to these grooves.

I’m listening to The Stone Roses a lot nowadays. Brilliant band!

Just listening to the soundtrack to the Italian crime film Mark Il Poliziotto by Stelvio Cipriani .

A bit repetitive at times, but Cipriani does some catchy themes.

Just listening to the soundtrack to the film The Man Who Haunted Himself , composed by Michael J Lewis who is a very underated composer.

Emanuelle in America soundtrack by the superb Nico Fidenco.

Spaghetti western soundtrack today… Bandidos by Egisto Macchi, and has put me in the mood for watching the film again.

Some great trumphet sounds on this one.

Do that, it’s great !!

Aren’t you in for the song “Oh Lonesome me” Enniooooo? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 posts in a row, only Alk0 in between, looking for his 50 women.

I was listening to Nick Cave, Murder Songs.
Strong stuff.
He wrote an excellent western too: The Proposition.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:27, topic:425”]Do that, it’s great !!

Aren’t you in for the song “Oh Lonesome me” Enniooooo? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 posts in a row, only Alk0 in between, looking for his 50 women.

I was listening to Nick Cave, Murder Songs.
Strong stuff.
He wrote an excellent western too: The Proposition.[/quote]

Glad you have come to my rescue …

Entombed - To ride, shoot straight and speak the truth!
Great album.

[move][/move]

I listen ALL DAY to great MELODIC MUSIC that has a meaning, a message and is CATCHY .

I STRONGLY DETEST anything LOUD or drug related or rap “crime” talk or just ugly rock/metal/punk noises. If you going to play music make it MELODIC.

On my CD player NOW :

ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK

“The Last Waltz” 67 " The Way It Used To be" 68 “Am I That Easy To Forget” 68

“Release Me” 67 “Winter World Of Love” 1969 “There Goes My Everything” 67.

HUGO MONTENEGRO ORCHESTRA

"Hang Em High " 1968 "The Good The Bad And The Ugly " 1966

Later some ENNIO MORRICONE always great to hear during a western or giallo.

Per Poche Dollari Ancora (Fort Yuma Gold) by Gianni Ferrio on the new GDM CD which is excellent.

I just got the DVD “Fort Yuma Gold”, so I will listen out for the music.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:30, topic:425”][move][/move]

I STRONGLY DETEST anything LOUD or drug related or rap “crime” talk or just ugly rock/metal/punk noises. If you going to play music make it MELODIC.[/quote]

Oh my God, I’ve been listening to Dream Theater, Rammstein, Nick Cave, Lou Reed and Tool during the last few weeks …

Do you think David Gilmour and Sigur Ròs are (more or less) acceptabele, Sartana Django? I’ve been listening to them too and I don’t want to fall out with TWO of the most lethal guys in the business …

And good old Engelbert, almost forgot the guy.
I had a CD once (I think it was a double CD, Humpy on one, Jonesie on the other, two hairy breast for the price of one!) but my mother-in-law borrowed it and never brought it back.
Last Christmas I caught her humming “Please release me …”

THE LAST RUN soundtrack by the late Jerry Goldsmith.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:30, topic:425”][move][/move]

I listen ALL DAY to great MELODIC MUSIC that has a meaning, a message and is CATCHY .

I STRONGLY DETEST anything LOUD or drug related or rap “crime” talk or just ugly rock/metal/punk noises. If you going to play music make it MELODIC.[/quote]

Loud and ugly music is often more rewarding than melodic music. There are of course great melodies beneath the noise, but you have to look closer to get them. But when you get them, this songs are lasting for longer or forever than the obviously melodic ones, they doesn’t wear out so fast.

Melodic music on the other hand is often only mawkish, kitschy.

I have to admit that I’m also not very interested to hear SW music outside of the film context.

So is for example I’m the Walrus the most beautiful song by the Beatles, and one of the greatest ever.

Some loud and ugly and beautiful songs:

Retard Girl (Hole)
Darkness (Van der Graaf Generator)
Gouge Away (Pixies)
Venus in Furs (Velvet Underground)
Metal Postcard (Siouxsee and the Banshees)
21st Century Schizoid Man (King Crimson)
Arcarsenal (At the Drive-In)
Death Valley 69 (Sonic Youth)
Porton Down (Peter Hammill)
Ecstasy (P.J. Harvey)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes)
and most of The Beastie Boys (but I don’t remember one title in this moment) and many, many more over the last 40 years.

[move][shadow=red,left][/shadow][/move]

Ah Sherp& Stanton you have been exposed as head-bangers & expert on “obscure” rock ! :o ;D

I am a YOUNG person and I have always felt ILL, UPSET, NAUSEATED , ANGRY whenever
I am forced to listen to heavy/loud/drugged/noisy rock or metal or punk or rap or hiphop or rave or garage etc

A lot of this loud “noisy material” is also as you know AGAINST THE LAW because it is
full of Illegal drugs, incites crime/violence/paedophilia/murder/racism/mysogeny/hate etc Not all of it but most of it has been shown by EXPERTS to be as I described.

MELODIC LOVE BALLADS CATCHY is ETERNAL everlasting and appeals to all ages :slight_smile: :o

You of course are free to play it loud (annoy the neighbours ;D) and if you think there
is something “melodic” under all the noise , then that is OK for you NOT EVER for me !

Having said the above I can listen to some rock music like Rolling Stones, T. Rex, Sweet
and can see some rhythm and beat if it happens to come on the radio, but its NOT my
chosen music to play on CDS or on Vinyl or anything else ::slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Returning to the SW MUSIC I think we can agree that is the SUPREME film music and
with all time greats as ENNIO MORRICONE, HUGO MONTENEGRO, Cipriani why not ?

There was also magnificent, epic music in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN 1960 by Elmer
Bernstein and many other superb USA Westerns , but the SW is for me supreme.

Anyway Sherp you enjoy you loud bangs and I will Enjoy my MELODIC CATCHY always

And ask you mother in law ;D to return the CD ;D…La la la la [move][/move]

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:36, topic:425”][move][shadow=red,left][/shadow][/move]

Anyway Sherp you enjoy you loud bangs and I will Enjoy my MELODIC CATCHY always

And ask you mother in law ;D to return the CD ;D…La la la la [move][/move][/quote]

Luckily you weren’t serious …
The Rolling Stones, now come on! And T. Rex sweet? Sweet are dinosaurs!

Anyway, Humpy and Tommie incite older women to throw their knickers on stage. If that isn’t illegal, it should be.
And then again … murder is a step too far, of course, and racism seems to be a little out of fashion these days, but what’s wrong with some drugs, paedophelia and mysogeny ???

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:37, topic:425”]Luckily you weren’t serious …
The Rolling Stones, now come on! And T. Rex sweet? Sweet are dinosaurs!

Anyway, Humpy and Tommie incite older women to throw their knickers on stage. If that isn’t illegal, it should be.
And then again … murder is a step too far, of course, and racism seems to be a little out of fashion these days, but what’s wrong with some drugs, paedophelia and mysogeny ???[/quote]

ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK and TOM JONES…all knickers and bras accepted provided that ONLY beautiful, sexy, young GIRLS are throwing them…not anybody else… :smiley:

Rolling Stones/Sweet/T.Rex …what “dinosaurs” ? ;D I think Millions would call them classic rockers and the Stones are still going today…wrinkly and hunchbacked but still rockin’ ::slight_smile:

I am 100% SERIOUS about all I said Sherp :o and I can see you are clearly a man for
very RECENT and VERY LOUD “music” , but I am a YOUNG person for ONLY the CLASSIC
1950s/1960s/1970s MELODIC MUSIC. I can enjoy some Sweet and T.Rex yes I can.

I like your humour Sherp ;D about the “drugs, paedophilia, mysogeny” and I am
glad YOU asked “whats wrong?” and NOT ME !! ::slight_smile: :’( ;D

Anyway listen its good to exchange musical and film views and I hope whatever you
play loudly that it makes you happy (and those around you ;D).
PS. Young Girls means Girls 18 to 29 ;D ::slight_smile: :-*

I’m surely no headbanger.

Describing music as loud or noisy doesn’t mean that this music had necessarily to be played loud to enjoy it.

Some of the above mentionend songs are primitive in a positive way, but others are extremely thoughtful and complex. And yes, very melodic for me, even the the disharmonic ones.

:smiley: Ok Stanton I was teasing you a little bit ! Head banger is very heavy indeed :o :o

If it works for you and you like it Stanton then go for it.

Dont let me stop you in any way… ;D