What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Well, The Velvet Underground is great. I suppose I could add also several albums by Pink Floyd and The Doors to the list as well.

And Enigma is great. Their output is inconsistent, they’ve made some great stuff as well as some bland pieces, but they’re generally quite good. I enjoy listening to them. I’ve listened to A posteriori about a thousand times, never get bored of it.

I’ve yet to explore to punk rock and progressive rock, since they generally appeal to me. Nevertheless, along with some ethereal genres, ambient music is bound to remain my favourite.

Well, yes. Their first album is quite mainstream, but I enjoy it anyhow. However, A posteriori is totally different from MCMXC a.D. As a matter of fact, it’s very ethereal and hasn’t got much to do with their debut album.

The aphex twin is one of the best ambient or electronic albums ever made…
Never gets old, always inspiring

Of course I agree, I think it’s perfect. Every track is just perfect. Other Aphex Twin albums I’ve listened to are also great, but his debut album remains an example of perfection, every track is simply wonderful.

Porcupine Tree - The Nostalgia Factory

Soft Machine - Facelift :

From the Album Third (1970). The other 3 longish pieces (one by each member) of this double album are excellent too

This is probably the piece of music (a song it ain’t) I heard the most this year (if it wasn’t something by Van der Graaf Generator)

Chromatics - Kill For Love (2012)

Video 2000 - Midnight Ride (2013)

ESPRIT 空想 - Relax (2013)

Paysage d’Hiver: Nacht
-One of my favorite black metal bands. Atmospheric and raw stuff, perfect listening for gloomy winter nights and good for dark autumn nights like this.

Instantly one of my favourites. Just lovely. Heck, the guys even sample THX 1138 on several occasions. How could I not love it? :smiley:

Had a listen to this just the other day after talking about it, and had been a while since the last listen. Great stuff for sure, was still sounding really good after all this time and countless listens in the past

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:3914, topic:425”]Paysage d’Hiver: Nacht
-One of my favorite black metal bands. Atmospheric and raw stuff, perfect listening for gloomy winter nights and good for dark autumn nights like this.[/quote]

never heard of them before, getting some to check out now

Superior stuff, Orbital. Still gets regular airplay here at casa.caress. Features vocals from Alison Goldfrapp under a pseudonym on a couple of tracks, and was preceded by The Box as a single with a magnificent video starring Tilda Swinton. P.E.T.R.O.L. featured on the soundtrack to flagship PS1 game WipEout. Certainly doesn’t sound almost twenty years old to me.

Orbital - The Boxhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5_G8exuIRc

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker.

The following pic precisely sums up my feelings about the track:

Best. Video. Ever.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBS4Gi1y_nc

(well, one of them anyway)