SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Don’t worry JonathanCorbett I agree with you on that one :wink:

Joseph Egger
Claudio Camaso (first ballot)
Demofilo Fidani
Lucio Fulci
Roberto Pregadio

If it isn’t too late, I’d like to use my first ballot (which previously I used on none) on Fidani :wink:

Ditto for me

Yes, I would like to use my first ballot on Fidani as well.

Its technically too late but I’ll make an exception for you 3. The cult of Fidani have apparently spoken!

Thanks!

I understand that this is a democratic process, of nominated candidates and subsequent votes, but wouldn’t the induction of Fidani solely on the basis of making “so bad they’re good” films devalue what the Hall of Fame is about? Championing the true greats behind the genre?

Well, I’d have to disagree in regards to Fidani only being good because its bad.

Fidani has made several great spaghs imo, which I enjoy very much more than many of the more respected titles.

And based on title, “Hall of Fame,” Fidani easily belongs in this hall.

I’ve yet to see a great Fidani movie, but I think he should be there based on his enthusiasm and productivity alone.

“Fidani has made several great spaghs imo”

LOL

His films, even the slightly better ones, are too sloppy and unimaginative to suspect enthusiasm in their making. How’s about lust for money?

Well, exactly - it’s not the “Hall of Infamy” ;).

Weird statement, stanton. Clearly he’s not the best filmmaker. No arguing there. But he show enthusiasm a plenty. Imagination too, just look at all those weird characters and bizarre things he comes up with. His movies are fun because of that. And that’s why he’s full of win!

He deserves not only a place in the Spag Hall of Fame but frankly a posthumous Man of the Century award, just for utilizing the pseudonym “Dick Spitfire”.

I’m not a fan of Fidani, but he’s a lot better than Crea.
With a decent budget and good actors he could’ve made far better spaghs (no surprise the one with Bobby Woods is the best I’ve seen from him), but I guess he was just one of those guys who liked to made as much movies with little money.

Yes: Dick Spitfire!

Well, we don’t know why he made films. My guess is as good as another one. But for me enthusiasm looks different. And I can nowhere spot imagination. On the contrary. The weird parts in his films are probably only a sign of his helplessness.

Yes, some are fun (half of his are totally boring), but I don’t laugh with him, I laugh only about him. But I can understand that with the distance of the years his films have a certain charm for some.
His more entertaining ones are at least somehow better than some more or less famous SWs. But the entertainment value doesn’t bring them a higher than a 4/10 rating. Some are certainly a 0. Just like the one Crea I watched

The inclusion of Fidani in the Hall of Fame is a polarizing topic for sure.

I have personally never seen a Fidani film and never intend to so I can’t really judge, but from what I’ve read, Fidani’s films are characterized by the following:

1. Derivative/unoriginal
  2. Painfully low budgets (low even for SW standards)
  3. A disregard for continuity and logic and plenty of plot holes
  4. Guns don’t run out of bullets
  5. Weakly choreographed action

My question is: Is this an accurate or unfair assessment?

AND

Does this also mean that Ed Wood is deserving of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

AND

Does our own Hall of Fame lose credibility for voting someone such as this in?

5. Weakly choreographed action
I strongly disagree, Fidani is really good at making action scenes.

Okay thanks Bill, we can cross out number 5 then. Anybody else disagree with the 5 points?

Again I don’t mean disrespect to the Fidani fans on the board, but what I’m trying to do here is assess whether or not Fidani is being voted in for the right reasons. That is my concern. Fidani has the reputation of being a “so bad its good” reputation. When I first got the idea of the Hall of Fame, it was my intention to celebrate excellence, not mediocrity. Is Fidani underrated in his skills and talent? I need the Fidani supporters to speak up and give me objective reasons for why he deserves to be in inducted alongside the other directors who are already in.

Again I have never seen a Fidani film so its up to you guys who have seen a few Fidanis to sway my opinion either one way or the other.