R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Rod Taylor, RIP… always a solid professional.

Dark of The Sun, one of the greatest mercenary films from the 20th century ever. RIP Rod.

RIP Rod Taylor - The Birds, Dark of the Sun, even in the best Disney film 101 Dalmatians.

R.I.P ROD TAYLOR

Born: January 11, 1930 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Died: January 7, 2015 (age 84) in Los Angeles, California, USA

He was a fantastic actor, with a magnificent list of TV and movie credits, which included: ‘THE BIRDS’; ‘THE TIME MACHINE’; ‘1O1 DALMATIANS’; ‘DARK OF THE SUN’; ‘THE TRAIN ROBBERS’; ‘THE TWILIGHT ZONE’; and ‘TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED’.

R.I.P. to a fine and distinguished actor…
ROD TAYLOR.

R.I.P. LANCE PERCIVAL

Died 6th January, 2015, following a long illness.

Lance Percival was an extremely versatile and talented star of British T.V. and film, who appeared in ‘CARRY ON CRUISING’; ‘UP POMPEI’; and ‘POSTMAN’S KNOCK’.

His T.V. career began while performing satirical calypso songs on comedy shows such as the controversial (for its time) ‘THAT WAS THE WEEK THAT WAS’.

He was later given his own series, ‘THE LANCE PERCIVAL SHOW’; and ‘LANCE AT LARGE’, a 1964 sitcom which also featured Bernard Bresslaw, Gladys Bacon and Eric Barker.

His love of calypso music also saw him release a cover version of Shame and Scandal (in the Family), which reached number 37 in the UK charts in 1965.

As well as being a likable actor and comedian, Lance Percival was also a very talented writer, who contributed several scripts for the successful ITV detective series, ‘WHODUNNIT’.

R.I.P. LANCE PERCIVAL.

R.I.P. Rod Taylor.

Would love to see an uncut release of Darker than Amber in any form.

R.I.P Mr Taylor.

RIP Francesco Rosi - I’m watching his Hands Over the City at the moment and it shows him to be an extraordinary, analytical director.

A marvellous film indeed. Too bad he’s just passed away. R.I.P. Mr Rosi.

I probably have watched all of Francesco Rosi’s films.
He seems to be underrated nowadays, a bit forgotten. But he was and is an important director up to Tre fratelli (1981). Which is maybe his best film.

R.I.P. BRIAN CLEMENS

The scriptwriter and producer, Brian Clemens, responsible for T.V. hits such as The Avengers, New Avengers and The Professionals, has died, aged 83.

I, for one, am deeply shocked to hear of the passing of this extremely talented, and hugely likable personality.

For many years past, I have greatly admired his work for the T.V. and film screen. He created such gems as ‘THE PROFESSIONALS’ and ‘THRILLER’; as well as writing fantastic scripts for ‘THE AVENGERS’; ‘THE NEW AVENGERS’; ‘THE CHAMPIONS’; 'ADAM ADAMANT; as well as the films, ‘CAPTAIN KRONOS, VAMPIRE HUNTER’, and the Ray Harryhausen stop-motion animation spectacular, ‘THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD’.

Brian Clemens was such a wonderful, and much respected talent, and always - at least in my experience had time for his fans.

In the past few years, I was given the chance to telephone and speak to Mr. Clemens, at length, about his career. He was always a very helpful, most amiable, and extremely polite gentleman…whom I will certainly miss…

R.I.P. Mr. BRIAN CLEMENS.

Rest In Peace, Brain Clemens. The Avengers’ scripts are true classics.

Very prolific writer, and did some good stuff R.I.P

[quote=“kit saginaw, post:972, topic:1512”]Rest In Peace, Brain Clemens. The Avengers’ scripts are true classics.[/quote]R.I.P. Brian

Thriller, The Professionals , The Avengers

Classics

R.I.P. GERALDINE McEwan, aged 82.

Geraldine McEwan was - in later years, at least - best known for portraying Agatha Christie’s spinster, Miss Jane Marple, in twelve I.T.V. adaptions.

Among her many screen credits, Ms. McEwan also played the main role in the T.V. adaption of ‘The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie’; and appeared in the 1982 adaption of ‘The Barchester Chronicles’. She also had a memorable role in Kevin Costner’s ‘Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves’.

R.I.P. Geraldine McEwan.

Lizabeth Scott… satin and silk… R.I.P.

R.I.P. Louis Jourdan

R.I.P. LOUIS JORDAN

Another great loss to the world of entertainment.

Who can possibly forget his memorable roles in ‘Gigi’; ‘Octopussy’; and the BBC’s 1977 superb adaption of ‘Dracula’?

R.I.P Louis Jordan.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

I’m practically in shock. I am an enormous Star Trek fan (even more so than Spaghetti Westerns). Rest in Peace, Lenny. :’( :’( :’(