R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

A particularly difficult life, RIP Ileana.

R.I.P. ALVIN STARDUST

Perhaps, only people of a certain generation (‘Glam Rock’, long-hair, ‘cool’ leather-outfits; ‘Sweet’, ‘Matchbox’; first attendance at Secondary school; ‘Mud’, ‘Suzi Quatro’; ‘The Six Million Dollar Man’ movable doll; 'Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker as 'Dr. Who;…not to forget all those wonderful board games and collectible sweet wrappers!) …will remember the magnificent Alvin Stardust.
He was an essential part of the ‘Seventies’…as well as being a regular on the iconic ‘Top of the Pops’ show.
It was certainly a lost part of my youth…ahh!..Nostalgia!

R.I.P… the once seen, never forgotten, ALVIN STARDUST…great songs…great rings…shiny leather…the essence of 70’s ‘glitz’…

"You must be out of your tiny minds!"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzn06cXkl3A

RIP

R.I.P. ALVIN STARDUST.

Many thanks to ‘Last Caress’ for your post…I had forgotten about the wonderful Alvin Stardust ‘BE SMART, BE SAFE!’ campaigns on TV.
Those really were the days…when even the ‘public information’ films were full of celebrities…

Just saw the news. A very sad day for music. RIP Alvin.

I’ve never heard of him but those sideburns are fucking awesome. RIP

R.I.P. ACKER BILK

Born: Bernard Stanley Bilk
January 28, 1929 in Somerset, England, UK

Died: November 2, 2014 (age 85) in Bath, Somerset, England.

To my mind, the greatest clarinettist of all-time. Who could possibly forget the haunting ‘Stranger on the Shore’. He was one of a kind…

R.I.P. ACKER BILK

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/nov/20/mike-nichols-dies-83-graduate[/url]

Mike Nichols, died of a heart attack, aged 83.

Introduced to me a lifelong fascination with the older woman, thanks to The Graduate.

RIP

R.I.P. Jimmy Ruffin

I know what you mean :smiley: .

RIP Mike Nichols - undoubtedly one of the most important (at the time) directors for Hollywood in the sixties/seventies and created at least one film that will forever remain iconic (The Graduate).

Billie Whitelaw (The Omen, Hot Fuzz), 82

RIP

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2014/dec/21/billie-whitelaw-dies-actor[/url]

What a swine she played in The Omen, but effective though…R.I.P

R.I.P. fantastic actress

R.I.P. Joe Cocker.

R.I.P. Billie Whitelaw.

She was a brilliant actress…who graced the screen in some of my favourite film and TV gems: ‘The Flesh and the Fiends’; ‘Hell is a City’; ‘Armchair Theatre’; ‘Frenzy’; ‘Supernatural’ (TV series); ‘Private Shultz’ (TV); and - of course - ‘The Omen’…

She was a shining gem of an actress; and will - to my mind - always be the soft-spoken, but deadly, ‘minder’ of the infant, 'Damian, in the classic ‘The Omen’ (1976)…

R.I.P. Billie Whitelaw.

R.I.P. to all the greats we loss recently.

R.I.P. Tom Adams.

Born: Anthony Frederick Charles Adams
September 3, 1938 in London, England, UK

Died: December 11, 2014 (age 76) in Slough, Berkshire, England, UK

Another of ‘The Great Escape’ cast, who passed away in December…that makes four this year (James Garner, Angus Lennie, Richard Attenborough, Tom Adams).

As usual, I watched 'The Great Escape on blu-ray during the festive period…it was extremely poignant this year…remembering all the wonderful actors who have no left us recently.

This very talented and versatile gentleman also appeared in such TV gems as ‘The Avengers’; ‘The Onedin Line’; ‘Dr. Who’; the ‘Amicus’ film ‘The House That Dripped Blood’; and ‘Emergency Ward 10’.

R.I.P. Tom Adams.

R.I.P Christine Cavanaugh.

Wonderful voice actor to many of my childhood favorites, like Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, and even The Critic. Only 51 years old too.
Very upsetting.

Rod Taylor R.I.P.