R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

RIP Joan Rivers. Very funny woman, I thought.

Yes R.I.P…used to watch her on T.V way back in the 80’s.

RIP Andrew V. Mclaglen: [url]Variety

R.I.P. Joseph Olita

The best Idi.

R.I.P. film director, Andrew V. McLaglen

Son of veteran actor, Victor McLaglen, this talented gentleman directed some of my favourite films: ‘The Wild Geese’; ‘North Sea Hijack’; ‘Shenandoah’; ‘Chisum’…

R.I.P.

R.I.P Richard Kiel :frowning:

This is a very dark day for film villains. RIP Jaws.

R.I.P. Met him a few years ago, I felt like a munchkin, and I’m 6’5"

I’m only 6’3’’. ;D

R.I.P. Richard Kiel

Most famous for playing ‘Jaws’, the Bond villain, in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’, and ‘Moonraker’. Also memorable in Clint Eastwood’s ‘Pale Rider’ (1985); and ‘Force 10 From Navarone’.
One of his earliest performances was in a very early classic ‘Twilight Zone’ episode, entitled ‘To Serve Man’ - one of my all-time favourites.

R.I.P. Richard Kiel…the best of the biggest…

R.I.P. Sir Donald Sinden.

Legendary actor, Sir Donald Sinden, has died at his home, aged 90, after having battled prostate cancer for the past few years.

Sir Donald produced wonderful performances in such classics as ‘The Cruel Sea’;‘Above Us the Waves’; ‘Doctor in the House’; ‘Doctor at Large’; ‘The Prisoner’ tv series; and in the long-running T.V. comedy, ‘Never the Twain’, alongside Windsor Davies.

I, for one, will miss him.

R.I.P. Sir Donald Sinden.

R.I.P. ANGUS LENNIE

Extremely sad to hear of the passing of Scottish actor, Angus Lennie, also known as ‘Wee Angus’ to his many friends and colleagues, who has died in a London nursing home, aged 84.

Born in Glasgow, he played a huge range of roles across stage, TV and film; but was, undoubtedly, best remembered for his portrayal of Archibald “the Mole” Ives, opposite Hollywood icon Steve McQueen, in ‘The Great Escape’. Director and co-star Richard Attenborough cast him again in Oh What A Lovely War.

Angus also had roles in ‘Tunes of Glory’; ‘633 Squadron’; ‘Dr. Who’; ‘Crossroads’; and ‘Monarch of the Glen’ - to name but a few.

In the past few years, I was fortunate enough to contact Angus, and enjoyed many telephone conversations with this extremely likable gentleman, during which he used to relate many anecdotes about his experiences of working alongside McQueen and Attenborough during the ‘Great Escape’ filming. It was always an immense privilege and pleasure to converse with such a great personality.

I will miss him a lot…

R.I.P. ANGUS LENNIE.

R.I.P. VIVIENNE CHANDLER

Many thanks to Tom B. for this heart-breaking info. I don’t think many people would have known otherwise. Since hearing of this, I have attempted to discover other details on the internet of this beautiful lady’s sad passing, but have been unsuccessful.

A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to contact Ms Chandler, via e-mail, and asked her a few questions about her recollections of working on ‘Duck You Sucker’ (Fistful of Dynamite); and she was most gracious in her reply…she couldn’t have been more helpful and courteous…

Also, it was about this time - not long after I joined ‘Spag. West. Database’, that I devised my very own ‘Spaghetti Western Menu’, comprised of pasta and meat, and fish dishes - named specifically after Spaghetti Western heroes and villains we love to hate!
I e-mailed Ms. Chandler, and asked if she had a favourite meal, which I would be able to add to my menu, and she replied that it would have to be a vegetable curry - one of her favourites.
As a result, I added the Vivienne Chandler ‘Dream Girl Special’ curry to my menu; and now cook it in my own house-hold on a regular basis. It consists mostly of spices, spinach and potatoes.
I named the curry ‘Dream Girl Special’, as a tribute to her ‘dream-like’ appearances in ‘Duck You Sucker’ (aka ‘Fistful of Dynamite’ and ‘Once Upon A Time the Revolution’).

I have never forgotten the kindness of this very beautiful lady, who took the time to e-mail me back, and to gracefully recall her experiences of working alongside Sergio Leone, James Coburn, David Warbeck and co.

What a lovely lady… kind in heart and manner…such a tragic loss…

R.I.P. Vivienne ‘Dream Girl’ Chandler.

RIP She has good taste. I stopped being being a vegetarian a year ago and have reverted back to being a meat eater but I still prefer vegetarian curry.

R.I.P. Polly Bergen

Polly Bergen, the actress whose fictional family was terrorised by Robert Mitchum in the 1962 film Cape Fear, has died aged 84.

Her publicist Judy Katz said Bergen, who had emphysema, died peacefully at her home in Connecticut on Saturday.

R.I.P. Polly Bergen.

R.I.P. Geoffrey Richard Holder

Born: August 1, 1930 in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, West Indies.
Died: October 5th, 2014, in Manhattan, aged 84.

World-renowned dancer, choreographer and actor, Geoffrey Holder, is probably best known - certainly in acting - for portraying ‘Baron Samedi’, the voodoo villain, who appeared in Roger Moore’s first Bond film, ‘Live and Let Die’ (1973). Ever since I first saw the film, it has certainly been one of my favourite 007 adventures. Holder’s appearance as ‘Samedi’, at the end of the film, is extremely memorable.

R.I.P. Geoffrey Richard Holder.

R.I.P. Baron Samedi.

My favourite Bond film.

My father’s favorite Bond Film too. The boat chase was superb in this. RIP.

Yes R.I.P dude.

R.I.P. Lilli, my favourite 70’s Italian lady.