Nudity in spaghetti westerns

I saw an english version on CineCity page.

Hiah - thanks for the ‘religious’ suggestions. I need to catch up with Black Killer again - I dont remember it so well 'scept everything seemed to have a bit of a red and green theme - the bandits, the curtains, glass, books etc. I remember KK going thru a door with one colour book and it being another colour when he was in the room - continuity! But I also seem to remember it wasn’t so good a film? Scept for the cool bible(?) with the gun in it - (I’ll have to get one of those).
Oh yeah, and as this is a ‘nudity’ thread - there is a great looking backside in it - for some reason I remember that! (But that’s OK - as a youth I used to pray for naked women but then I realised The Good Lord don’t work that way - so now I find those naked women, and pray for forgiveness instead.)
I’ve managed to find a good quality video of Apache Woman (English/no subs). I havn’t seen this for a while but I like this film. I’ve heard it gets a bit of bad press compared to the similar(?)American made Harry Dean Stanton film (which I havnt seen, but is meant to be more gratuitously soft-core than AW), and Soldier Blue. But I think its way ahead of SB in believability of characters. A good film with a dramatic climax.
I havn’t seen any ‘Hallelujah’ films - I am very (very) wary of any comedy spaghetti westerns. Are there any good ones?? (besides MNIN - which comments on and rises above the rest?)
I realise that I need to check other threads to maybe find these answers - but I’ve only just found this site and there’s so much great information to discover. So thanks be to God, Brothers and Sisters for the opportunity you have afforded me.

Just realised KK was a lawyer, not a priest so it wasn’t a bible … but I’m gonna get one anyway!

Greetings Reverend, you can check out this thread: http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,752.0.html

Viva la muerte… Tua (aka Don’t Turn the Other Cheek) starring Franco Nero and Eli Wallach is actually pretty good. Check it out if you haven’t.

But he looked a little bit like a reverend, so my mistake, my memory played a trick on me. I should rather use “Kill and Pray” as an example :wink:

True Brother Alk0 - what an excellent choice - Requiescent is one of my top ten. Altho this aint on the theme of nudity - I do seem to recall a film that starts with an about to be lynched fella being passed a bible with a gun. Maybe ‘Dirty Outlaws’?
Anybody help?
Oh yeah - and just to keep on theme … the starting credits of John the Bastard also has the briefest flash of breasts - as she wades out into the water. (also has Gordon Mitchell playing the coolest priest ever!) :wink:

Thanks Brother AvatarDK - that seems to have answered my question about the comedy genre.
Weissers book states that a coupla comedies have got full frontal stuff - Man called Amen and Three Musketeers of the West. But I reckon I’ll give them a swerve!
The only funnyish film that plays naked for laughs that works (that I’ve seen) is the MexiWestern ‘God, Guns and Guts’ (which I’ve reviewed on another thread).
Cheers

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:44, topic:609”]Greetings Reverend, you can check out this thread: http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,752.0.html

Viva la muerte… Tua (aka Don’t Turn the Other Cheek) starring Franco Nero and Eli Wallach is actually pretty good. Check it out if you haven’t.[/quote]

Viva La Muerte…Tua! is a great comedy spaghetti :slight_smile:

And conscerning priests in SWs, Franco Nero also poses as a priest in the beginning of that film, hehe :smiley:

The hypocrisy of religion is a theme in many spaghettis! ;D

Welcome Reverend Danite, you son of a bitch!

And finally a question, how much nudity is there in Apache Woman?

And Reverend, your question about Dirty Outlaws, I think it’s the film you’re thinking of!

Oh, not so much . A bit here and there, and it’s not as erotic as the poster motif suggests.

It’s a very cheaply made variation of Soldier Blue, maybe not as speculative as Nelson’s film, maybe partially really interested in the characters and the drama.

Not bad, try it if you get an uncut version.

Brother Silvanito - thanks for the warm welcome … “son of a bitch” … you must have known my mother! And talking of mutherfuckas - jus checked out the incestuous relationship in ‘Taste of the savage’ twixt Isela Vega and her son - sordid but no nudity. :wink:

Unfortunate…

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it yet but I just watched “The Grand Duel” last night and there’s a bit of nudity at the beginning of the film (nude woman - obviously a prostitute - in bed; she’s covering her nether regions - with her legs crossed - but her boobs are in clear view…)

Flynn

Don’t forget Tuco when he was wearing just his gun… ;D, okay, he’s not a woman and not even nice. ;D

Hehe, another case of male nudity can be found in “Lobo the Bastard” aka “They called him Pot” where the film ends in Peter Martell’s skinny dipping.

At the start of “A Fistful of Dynamite” when all the posh people fall out of the wagon.

i can’t believe there are no pictures in this topic :wink:

[quote=“Sebastian, post:57, topic:609”]i can’t believe there are no pictures in this topic ;-)[/quote]So, it’s about time to post some. I like this scene from 4 of the Apocalypse, such a beautiful scene .

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Here’s pic from Dead men Ride.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

I gotta see that one…