I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

I liked Price of Power, got the Jap DVD too.

[quote=“gringo_bastardo, post:2396, topic:69”]Gotta admit I have been lucky when it comes to rare titles(that x-rated+ WE fort yuma gold and long ride from hell and only Long days of vengeance was relatively expensive) in past few weeks.
::slight_smile: :P[/quote]
If you come across it again, please let me know!

I lunghi giorni della vendetta is alternative top 20 in my book. I have the Italian release; it is 90 EUR on amazon.it at the moment. It seems to be cut 5 minutes.

With 117 - 118 min it is uncut. Don’t forget the Pal speed up.

I didn’t know. What is it, the PAL speed up?

The Pal TV norm, which works with 25 frames per sec, not 24 like in a cinema. It means compared to NTSC all Films are 4 % shorter. Or 1 min shorter per 25 min. Which means a 100 min film runs on a Pal DVD (or a Pal VHS or a Pal TV recording) only 96 min.

Most if not all European countries use Pal.

All Blus run normally with nearly 24 frames per sec.

I see. Thanks! I’ll remember that!

[quote=“Stanton, post:2406, topic:69”]The Pal TV norm, which works with 25 frames per sec, not 24 like in a cinema. It means compared to NTSC all Films are 4 % shorter. Or 1 min shorter per 25 min. Which means a 100 min film runs on a Pal DVD (or a Pal VHS or a Pal TV recording) only 96 min.

Most if not all European countries use Pal.

All Blus run normally with nearly 24 frames per sec.[/quote]

Does this mean an NTSC dub will not match a PAL film?

I think so. It will have to be re-synched to match the speed.

Yes, if you can’t adjust the speed, it won’t work. Another problem with Pal versions is that the pitch of the score is higher due to the speed up, which changes the sound of the voices. It is corrected on many DVDs, but not on any. But probably rarely on all the VHS versions.

Sure…here is menu of german dvd

To original topic, got today the last gun and man from oklahoma( both r1 releases).

Well now you are really make me envious …

Visiting Germany so I went on a bit of a shopping spree: Wilkommen in der Hölle, Vier Halleluja für Dynamit Joe, Von Django mit den Besten Empfehlungen, Django und die Bande der Bluthunde and (not an SW) but Die Schule des Shaolin, great Kung Fu movie with Chen Kuan Tai :slight_smile:

I have that also but not watched yet. Reportedly inserted scenes to make it uncut are bit on weak quality.

I agree 100% it`s great movie, iron monkey is classic.

^Watched IRON MONKEY German DVD recently, The whole film is weak, VHS quality, but at least its WS
You’re right in that the inserts are weak-er still

^I had to check out, and unfortunately you are right. On 17" monitor it already looks weak and on 32" tv likely even more so… :-\

Latest additions to spaghetti collection; Wanted ( NEW disc) and Ringo - lone rider ( koch media).

I have been on a huge buying spree the last few months, this was today’s purchases from local pawn and used DVD shops.

Hell of the Living Dead (Anchor Bay)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (Anchor Bay)
Hercules & The Adventures of Hercules double feature (MGM)
British Horror Quadruple Feature (Frightmare, House of Whipcord, Die Screaming Marianne and The Flesh & Blood Show) (Shriek Show)
Hard Eight (Colombia TriStar)
Conquest (Blue Underground)
The Stendhal Syndrome (Blue Underground)
Four Flies on Grey Velvet (mya)
The Shooting & Ride in the Whirlwind (Criterion)
The Attic & Crawlspace double feature (MGM)

There’s about 50 more over the last few months I’ll put up once I go look at all of them.

Some interesting titles fella, although when you post the rest you’ll want to go for the NON-Spaghetti Western Shopping Diary thread. This thread’s rather more dedicated to purchases of movies which sit within the Italian-Western genre.

Here’s a link to the thread you’re after:
http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,562.0.html

Sorry about that, I honestly thought I had clicked the non sw thread. Whoops!

Got on friday Gatling Gun…while movie is not rare I had actually trouble getting this…1st thai release did not have english audio even as cover sheet said so. Then purchased wrong movie from ebay(my error). At last right one arrived, took 3 weeks from amazon(long time, usually items arrive in week)…

::slight_smile: :smiley: