I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Hello amigos, I was in the hospital for a little while because I had cancer but it takes more than cancer to shoot down this gringo.

I recently bought the Grindhouse Big Gundown 4-disc set (finally) and I can’t wait to watch such a great, classic Sollima western in HD. I also bought the fairly new MGM blu-ray release of Duck You Sucker (it would’ve been nice if they’d done some new extras, but then again not many people are still alive who could contribute besides Sergio Donati). I’ve been eying the new Companeros and My Name is Nobody blu-rays as possible additions.

So, you beat it? Good!

Yeah, it was confined to one organ (which they surgically removed). Still waiting for the pathology reports but I’m pretty sure it’s gone for good.

Good news, really happy to hear it! Congratulations to us all, at least we still have the ghost of Sartana around! And please let us know what you think about your new purchases, when you get around to watching them.

Glad to hear of your recovery G of S. That really is good news.

It’s great news you’ve recovered and The Big Gundown Grindhouse set has to be some kind of reward; it’s really a great release. I wish you all the best for the future!

Congrats on beating cancer. You’re one of the very lucky few 8).

Yes well done beating the cancer :slight_smile: .

Great to hear, Ghost of Sartana! Hope it’s gone for good!

I grabbed the October 2014 blu-ray release of GBU, along with the original dvd release. Also grabbed the Sartana Saga set from VideoAsia since the WE release is not even worth speculating about any more.

Also tried to get the Stranger Collection from Amazon.de, preordered it when it was announced, but it still hasn’t shown up :stuck_out_tongue: A refund is supposed to come through in the next week. Anybody else have any problems with Amazon EU SarL?

Thanks, amigos. :smiley:

I bought that Sartana Saga set back in 2010 and watched the hell out of it. I had a 4:3 CRT tv back then still so it was perfect. But since I got my new 16:9 LCD tv back in 2011 I don’t watch it anymore as it is non-anamorphic and looks pretty choppy if you try to view it on zoom.

Here is my current collection of Spaghetti Western blu-rays. I just got the Big Gundown set in the post today. I’m listening to the soundtrack CD right now. I have 2 more blus on the way: Companeros and GBU 2014 remaster.

[quote=“Ghost of Sartana, post:2432, topic:69”]

Here is my current collection of Spaghetti Western blu-rays. I just got the Big Gundown set in the post today. I’m listening to the soundtrack CD right now. I have 2 more blus on the way: Companeros and GBU 2014 remaster.[/quote]

Very nice! But no Pecos? :’( Even though it’s Wild East, it’s still a pretty good release!

Hmm, well Wild East doesn’t take Paypal I don’t think…and I haven’t seen those Pecos films before so I don’t know if I’d want them. This other spaghetti western double feature cheap disc though with The Last Gun and 4 Dollars for Revenge, is that worth getting? I also want to get the Sabata and My Name is Nobody blu-rays.

Yeah, they do. :slight_smile:

I have the Last Gun/4 Dollars disc, both are real average fare. 4 Dollars is the better, pretty meh till the very end. I would also recommend, if you’re a fan of Antonio Sabato, the A Bullet for the General blu from BU, has a real nice documentary on him on the second disc! The Pecos films are actually quite fun, surprisingly more fun than I expected them to be!

Yes, I’ve been eying that A Bullet for the General blu-ray on ebay too. I trust the Gian Maria Volonte documentary has English subtitles as an option? Great to know Wild East takes Paypal now! :smiley:

Yes, English subs. Good job too, since most of the talking heads on the doc are speaking in their native languages or, failing that, whatever common tongue they share with the filmmaker.

It’s a very good documentary.

Bingo…just bought the A Bullet for the General blu-ray! :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’ll save any more splurging for next month.

Some dollars for django (italian release)&German dvd of Tex Willer movie(not english friendly and have heard it`s crap but as huge fan of comic book I need to see this eventually)