[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

Awesome, been hoping they would add to the collection.

I expect only Spanish and maybe with luck Italian audio options (and no subs).

26th February

12th March

Arrow’s Day of Anger got 5/5 for video quality at Blu-Ray.com
Day of Anger Blu-ray (Gunlaw / I giorni dell'ira)

Based on the screenshots even the Arrow DVD will be better than the Japanese Blu-Ray… at least the DVD won’t be interlaced. :stuck_out_tongue:

The disc is region A & B as Arrow releases it in both the USA and the UK at the same time (well almost as there is a one day difference).

I’m super excited to get it. Now if only I could get back all the time I wasted syncing the Japanese blu-ray to the wild east DVD audio…

I need to mention that on the Arrow discs one scene (Gemma talking with the old guy in the back alley) is missing from the longer version but is present on the shorter one. I assume Wild East included it on their version from the shorter cut but according to Arrow’s people it is clear the scene is not supposed to be there. They didn’t remove it though, it simply wasn’t there (on the long version) to begin with it. French DVD is missing it, so are the Spanish and newer Japanese (not sure about the old but since I think it had two versions of the film it is possible it is there on the short one and not longer one) discs, and I would think it isn’t on the Italian DVD either.

Whether they asked Valerii about it I do not know but they were in contact with him.

I picked up that Dig Your Grave Friend… DVD yesterday and can confirm, its only Spanish language. Sounds amazing for a DVD, everything is so clear. I was genuinely surprised when I popped it in for a watch.

Got two new announcements:

Kino Lorber Studio Classics announced on their Facebook:
“Coming in August! - Sergio Corbucci’s Navajo Joe (1966) - Starring Burt Reynolds, Aldo Sambrell, Nicoletta Machiavelli and Fernando Rey - Co-written by Fernando Di Leo - Music by Ennio Morricone - Directed by Sergio Corbucci - On Blu-ray and DVD!”

Blue Underground just announced on their Facebook:
We’re pleased to announce our first new acquisition of 2015: Ferdinando Baldi’s GET MEAN, starring Tony Anthony as “The Stranger,” will be making it’s Blu-ray & DVD debuts later this year! No further information to report at this time…

OOHHHHH YES!

Also just announced this morning:

Coming in August from Kino Lorber Studio Classics - First time on Blu-ray and DVD - Sergio Sollima’s Face to Face (1967) aka FACCIA A FACCIA - Starring Gian Maria Volonte, Tomas Milian, William Berger and Jolanda Modio - Screenplay by Sergio Donati and Sergio Sollima - Music by Ennio Morricone - Directed by Sergio Sollima.

Will include: HD version of the 93 minute English language version & SD (16x9) version of the 112 minute Italian language version.

Get Mean on blu-ray? Can’t say I saw that coming but I’ll definitely buy it!

Wait…Kino Lorber Studio Classics is region A north american releases isn’t it? And they’re doing Navajo Joe and Face to Face? Wowww that’s so great!

Just announced on Kino’s FB:

"Coming in August - On Blu-ray and DVD - From the Director of “My Name is Nobody” and “Day of Anger”

Tonino Valerii’s A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die (1972) aka Massacre at Fort Holman - Starring James Coburn, Telly Savalas and Bud Spencer - Co-written and Directed by Tonino Valerii."

Wow, these are bad, bad news …

I’m depressed now (first time in my live, interesting experience)

I bet that as a matter of fact, you’re rooting for the release and as soon as it comes out, you’ll rush to purchase it. So stop pretending. :wink:

Well, all I’m looking forward to is Face to Face. I’ve got the MGM dvd of Navajo Joe and WE’s Reason to Live, Reason to Die. BU shouldn’t fuck up Get Mean too much (if at all: it’s the first release after all). What was the consensus on Kino’s Sabata disc? Transfer any good or not much better than the MGM discs?

Ok ok, one of my favourite films on my films-I-enjoy-to-miss list, aka as the essential miss list for beginners. Rank 81 now …

On the Arrow USA thread over at CriterionForum.org, someone posted info (taken either from Blu-Ray.com or Arrow’s Facebook page, where Arrow have been giving feedback) stating that in July Arrow would be releasing “a Eurohorror, a Eurocrime and a spaghetti western”, all yet unannounced but set to be revealed in a few weeks time. Either way, we should have another very nice Arrow spaghetti restoration on the way fairly soon.

Update from an Arrow rep - all three are in the works, but “not necessarily for July”, so probably sometime later this year.

Makes me happy just thinking about it :slight_smile:

Haven’t seen them mentioned, but apparently there will be English friendly releases of $100,000 for Ringo[/url] and [url=http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00TRLHW90?ie=UTF8&tag=italowestern-21]The Man Who Killed Billy the Kid[url]Amazon.de are coming from Germany.