Your Favourite Garrone

I have to check it out…

I have not seen this one, is it available on dvd with english options ?

PM me and you’ll get one for 2010 amigo.

I think Garrone always delivered solid work. However, never a real hit.

There are always good ideas in his films. Good camera work.
But on average he will not come out.

When I Django - The bastard watched for the first time, I was very disappointed.
The idea was perhaps good, but not the implementation. Sorry.

No Room to Die I think better. Very Cool. Great performance by Berger. But even here there is weakening.

But Most of his movies are on the same level.

My Ranking:

Vendetta at Dawn (6/10)
No Room to Die (6/10)
Django the Bastard (5/10)
If You Want to Live… Shoot! (3/10)

‘no room to die’ 9.5 out of 10

I don’t think I’ve seen Kill Django… Kill First yet. I might have non-english friendly version somewhere though. Anyone have opinion about that one?

No Room to Die and Django the Bastard are definitely his best films. Can’t say which one I prefer.

Here’s a little bit about it:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,2199.0.html

My favourite Garrone is Django il bastardo.

For the second place I’m uncertain between Una lunga fila di croci/No Room to Die and Tre croci per non morire/No Graves on Boot Hill: at first No Room to Die seems preferable but the second, in addition to the good arm in plaster scene, benefits from some unconventional elements such as the annotations of the Friar and the metaphysical component (in the estranging finale Craig Hill and Cobianchi D’Este reappear to Ken Wood after their death, in some way anticipating Django il bastardo).

Se vuoi vivere spara and Uccidi Django… Uccidi per primo are certainly inferior to these three.

I haven’t seen Quel maledetto giorno della resa dei conti.

Nice ! Glass or two of the cherry one will do me :smiley: .

Which one ís the bastard?

The one who shot the dead bottle

The dead bottle, of course. :wink:

For the record, Garrone’s favourite… Garrone is Tre croci per non morire/No Graves on Boot Hill because of its meaning.

DJANGO THE BASTARD

No contest.

I wanna say Vendetta at Dawn ( the REAL Big Gundown) or No Graves on Boot Hill, but its been too long since I’ve viewed most of them and can’t be sure yet

Personally I find it hard to split No Room To Die and Django the Bastard. I enjoyed both films and found them quite stylish. I find the alternative title for No Room To Die a bit baffling though- Hanging For Django. Nothing of the sort features in the film, yet ironically it does in Django the Bastard and The Wild East disc even has a chapter select entitled Hanging For Django.

For me his best work is no doubt Quel maledetto giorno della resa dei conti aka Vendetta at Dawn.

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed both of my purchases of No Room to Die and Django the Bastard. It’s too hard for me to choose between the two yet though. I need to watch them each a few more times. I look forward to seeing more Garrone (I might’ve seen some already years ago but was unaware of them being his films).

2 Likes

The Steffen films are equally good IMO, but then Vendetta at Dawn with George Eastman is great aswell! Recommended, above average stuff.

3 Likes

Vendetta at Dawn (1971) and No Room to Die (1969).

1 Like