Your favorite graveyard in an SW?

I like this thread as well. Django does it for me. I have that shot as my tv screensaver. I love the metal cross with a circle in Hellbenders and the other boneyards mentioned. One more that comes to mind is not one I particularly remember fropm the film, but I’m reminded of every day, cos I’ve got it framed up in my study, is in My Name is Pecos

TV screensaver? There are TV screensavers?

Indeed - my samshit setup is good for that at least!

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:21, topic:2100”]I like this thread as well. Django does it for me. I have that shot as my tv screensaver. I love the metal cross with a circle in Hellbenders and the other boneyards mentioned. One more that comes to mind is not one I particularly remember fropm the film, but I’m reminded of every day, cos I’ve got it framed up in my study, is in My Name is Pecos

[/quote]

Oh yeah! I had completely forgotten about the cemetery in MY NAME IS PECOS, Rev! Good one!

And I just wanted to add that the final image from DJANGO is my favorite SW image, as well!

PS to the Rev.—I don’t remember it in the film, either; but, I have the same Mexican Lobby Card. You know, it almost looks like the same cemetery from DJANGO…almost.

There’s also a nice one in Nobody. Completely different from the others:

A graveyard with a view.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:25, topic:2100”]There’s also a nice one in Nobody. Completely different from the others:

A graveyard with a view.[/quote]

That’s right! That is a great cemetery.

Hey, Rev!
In rewatching MY NAME IS PECOS, last night, I found out why you and I didn’t recall the cemetery from the film itself, amigo.
It is because both times it is shown in the movie, the scenes are day-for-night and really dark!

Aaah! Thanks for that - I reckon I’ll be giving this another outing soon as well… I’ll play with the contrast and see what can be seen maybe.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:26, topic:2100”]That’s right! That is a great cemetery.

Hey, Rev!
In rewatching MY NAME IS PECOS, last night, I found out why you and I didn’t recall the cemetery from the film itself, amigo.
It is because both times it is shown in the movie, the scenes are day-for-night and really dark![/quote]

The oily little fellow who plays the the preacher/undertaker in this (can’t remember his exact role) is the CREEPPIEST character I can rembember in ALL my Spaghetti viewing. He’s the only reason I can remember the graveyard in this one.

This is true: there are virtually NO graveyards in San Francisco. Because land value here is so high the ones that were originally here were dug up and moved to a place south of the city to a town named Colma. Colma is truly a necropolis. Cemeteries are it’s reason d’ete.
There are a couple of historic cemeteries left here. One of them is attached to the Mission that originated SF. It can be seen in Hitchock’s Vertigo. I take my son there and we frolic among the headstones.

Yeah, that is a really creepy guy!

I think the guy you mean is Umberto Raho. He always seemed to play a slimy character.

The one from Django.

Thanks!
I never tried to find out his name. It is good to know, I love knowing stuff like that.
I just looked him up. Didn’t do a terrible lot of Spags. Says he was Pinto in Pecos Cleans Up. Can’t place him. Was he one of the three idiots Pecos teams up with? I think he mighta.

I like the graveyard in Johnny Hamlet, its in a cave or underground

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:32, topic:2100”]Thanks!
I never tried to find out his name. It is good to know, I love knowing stuff like that.
I just looked him up. Didn’t do a terrible lot of Spags. Says he was Pinto in Pecos Cleans Up. Can’t place him. Was he one of the three idiots Pecos teams up with? I think he mighta.[/quote]
Haven’t watched Pecos Cleans up in a while, but if I remember right Pinto was one of the sidekicks.

More photos pls?

Here’s Johnny Hamlet

Nice shot, love the underground graveyard in that one.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:26, topic:2100”]Hey, Rev!
It is because both times it is shown in the movie, the scenes are day-for-night and really dark![/quote]
Just dug this out for a play and … it’s not dark in either shot in my copy … hmmm?
[Edit - jus’ checked on its thread - seems I’ve got the good Brazilian copy]

(not exactly the same shot as lobby card - but near enough for spaghettiland) -

[I think the real reason I didn’t remember, is cos it’d been ages since I watched it - and I’ve got a brain like a seive - I can put the first bit right tho’ :)]

always the django graveyard

The eerie, ominous graveyard in Matalo!, in which all the tombstones and crosses bear the surname Benson.