Which Dollars Trilogy theme is the best?

The other 2 are both fantastic but the theme for A Fistful of Dollars has always been my favourite. GBU is the most iconic well-recognized theme but I think it is greatly overshadowed by some of the other fantastic pieces Morricone composed for the later stages of the film (ie Ecstacy of Gold, The Death of a Soldier, The Trio).

This acoustic version of A Fistful of Dollars is also nice :slight_smile:

And a fantastic live version of The Ecstacy of Gold :slight_smile:

[url]- YouTube

Hard to pick because I prefer the main theme to FAFDM to GBU but my favourite track out of them all is Ecstacy of the Gold.

So… Is the poll for the main theme only on any piece of the score?

I will vote when I can answer properly :wink:

The main themes of course

I posted the Ecstacy of Gold clip because Ghost of Sartana mentioned liking it :wink:

i always whistle that tune from For a few dollars, when Clint enters the mexican town and shoots off those apples
but my fav is GBU, Ecstasy with Tuco running across cemetery is outstanding

[quote=“Lindberg, post:6, topic:2797”]The main themes of course [/quote]FAFDM then :wink:

Hard one I like them all but go for the A Fistful of Dollars main theme

We can fight

FAFDM main theme for me :slight_smile: .

fistfull of dollars for me

I voted for the main theme from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It is just so iconic.

[quote=“John Welles, post:12, topic:2797”]I voted for the main theme from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It is just so iconic.[/quote]That’s the reason I didn’t choose it. Most people hear it and just think of regular westerns not spaghettis.

“How can it be a spaghetti western?, Clint Eastwood is in it!” etc

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:13, topic:2797”]That’s the reason I didn’t choose it. Most people hear it and just think of regular westerns not spaghettis.

“How can it be a spaghetti western?, Clint Eastwood is in it!” etc[/quote]

now we have to teach people to think “Yay, it´s the spaghetti with Clint Eastwood. It all started with that guy.” :slight_smile:

Some of the versions done by some artists of the main themes just do not hack it for me.

I also like them all but " For A Few Dollars More" wins it for me.

I chose GBU myself but they’re all fantastic of course :slight_smile:

They are all great, very little to choose between them, but I love the “Doing, Doing, Doing, Doing” of FFDM.

The Spaghetti Western Orchestra is really amusing :smiley:

[url]Spaghetti Western Orchestra - Fistful of Dollars Medley - YouTube

I can’t choose one, I think they’re equally great.