Where to buy A Bullet for the General/Töte Amigo?

Made a correction, the speed up is for PAL, I wrote NTSC. It’s not anything that demands crazy maths, PAL’s speed up is 4% and that means that if you need 1 sec to show 100 images in PAL, in NTSC you’ll need 1 + 0,04 sec to show them. I hope I am not saying anything terribly stupid, that’s how I personally understand the conversion. :slight_smile:

I don’t have the New Star Promo DVD, I have the DVD from these series ImageVenue.com - 96114_2index-western2_122_375lo.jpg , I think it was a little bit less than 1:52:30, but I should re-check that out today. If it isn’t any kind of black screens before the credits or at the end of the film that added those 16 sec, maybe you should check out for that scene.

I think I’ll watch the whole movie again today :slight_smile:

It’s the other way round Pal is 4% shorter. That’s a small difference.

And working with 25 frames per sec. it is in fact 4 % shorter than a film in a cinema (24 frames per sec.). I’m not sure if NTSC has exactly the cinema runtime, or if there is still a minor difference. Technically NTSC shows 30 frames per sec, and at the moment I don’t remember how NTSC manages it, that in the end it has nearly (or maybe absolutely) exactly the same runtime as in cinema.

Just checked it on Wikipedia.

A Pal DVD or recording is 4 % shorter than in cinema and 4,096% shorter than a NTSC runtime.

Im happy this thread evolved to something else, but seriously, does ANYONE have a copy of Töte Amigo willing to sell?

1 sec (PAL) < 1,04 sec (NTSC), isn’t that shorter, Stanton?
I added 4% to the PAL time to find the NTSC time, isn’t that correct?

Why not order a copy from the internet? Most webshops also accept Paypal, you don’t necessarly need a credit card nowadays.

Have you read the thread? Its sold out everywhere. Amazon is to expensive.

If it is the Rainbow collection DVD you want then you are out of luck like i said before. I highly doubt anyone would be willing to sell his copy since it´s OOP. If i were you i´d start looking for alternative. But who knows maybe you´ll get lucky but i doubt it…

So, you mean you want something, but you don´t want to pay for it?

Just buy the Blue Underground disc, which can be obtained cheaply.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:29, topic:2422”]So, you mean you want something, but you don´t want to pay for it?

Just buy the Blue Underground disc, which can be obtained cheaply.[/quote]
Of course not. Are you calling me a theif? Like I wrote plenty of times, and if you would have read the thread you would have known, I want to BUY a copy of the film. I want the koch release, thats what Im after. DVD or DVD-r is fine for me.

What´s a theif?

And how is this topic working out for you?

So childish.

Yes, you are. You start a topic and people try to help you out. When the feedback is not satisfactory, you´re telling them they can´t read.

On topic: There’s a place on the interwebs that you can get a copy of Töte Amigo for free.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:33, topic:2422”]Yes, you are. You start a topic and people try to help you out. When the feedback is not satisfactory, you´re telling them they can´t read.

On topic: There’s a place on the interwebs that you can get a copy of Töte Amigo for free.[/quote]

Hes saying he wants the 2nd english audio track, you cant get that with the blue underground disc or the download (most likely).

[quote=“ION BRITTON, post:25, topic:2422”]1 sec (PAL) < 1,04 sec (NTSC), isn’t that shorter, Stanton?
I added 4% to the PAL time to find the NTSC time, isn’t that correct?[/quote]

What do you mean with the first sentence? What is shorter?

Adding 4 % to a Pal runtime is not exactly correct, at least not if you want the sec exactly to be correct.

Example:
A 100 min film in cinema runs on a Pal DVD exactly 96 min due to Pal being 4% shorter. But if you add 4% to the 96 min Pal runtime you don’t get 100 min again, but 99 min and about 51 sec.

And as I have said somewhere above, as far as I understand it NTSC is nearly identical to the cinema runtime, but not absolutely identical. If there is a difference from let’s say a few sec on a 100 min NTSC runtime you will always have problems by comparing runtimes to the exact sec.

Concerning Quien sabe? I think that all of the well known DVDs are uncut. But you never know.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:33, topic:2422”]Yes, you are. You start a topic and people try to help you out. When the feedback is not satisfactory, you´re telling them they can´t read.

On topic: There’s a place on the interwebs that you can get a copy of Töte Amigo for free.[/quote]
Thats wrong. The feedback was very satisfactory. I asked one guy if he had read the thread because he came up with a post that included things that already had been discussed. I was wondering why he wrote what he did, as it seemed to me that anyone who had read the thread would already know the thing he was asking me about.

Then you thought that I wanted it for free. Why you wrote that, I dont know, because (again) I have already written what the problem was, why I couldnt buy it from amazon.de. And I, again, just thought that you hadnt payed any attention to what had been said before. The thing I dont understand is why you thought I wanted a copy for free, as I said that I wanted to buy one several times. Then you go on and attack me on a typo? Wtf?

This is BS, and this is the last I will say about this matter.

Yeah, excuse me for not reading your important thread thoroughly. This is clearly a matter of life and death and I’m not taking it seriously.

Bottom line: You want something cheap that is not cheap, because it’s out of print. Either that, or an illegal copy. While you complain about my forum behaviour you should know better than to ask for illegal copies on a forum. Also you posted this topic in the wrong section of the board.

By the way, I never called you a thief, nor am I attacking you. What gave you that idea?
I’m a super nice guy ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Stanton, post:35, topic:2422”]What do you mean with the first sentence? What is shorter?

Adding 4 % to a Pal runtime is not exactly correct, at least not if you want the sec exactly to be correct.

Example:
A 100 min film in cinema runs on a Pal DVD exactly 96 min due to Pal being 4% shorter. But if you add 4% to the 96 min Pal runtime you don’t get 100 min again, but 99 min and about 51 sec.

And as I have said somewhere above, as far as I understand it NTSC is nearly identical to the cinema runtime, but not absolutely identical. If there is a difference from let’s say a few sec on a 100 min NTSC runtime you will always have problems by comparing runtimes to the exact sec.

Concerning Quien sabe? I think that all of the well known DVDs are uncut. But you never know.[/quote]
No, I’m not talking about cinema runtime. Suppose you don’t know that. But if you know for example the PAL time then you can find out the NTSC and cinema runtime as well. In the first case by adding 4.096% (if we want to be exact) and in the second by adding 4% to that time. NTSC has 23,976 FPS , PAL 25 FPS and cinema 24 FPS . FPS = Frames per second. The 4.096% is calculated from this: (25-23,976)*100/25 = 4,096% difference between the two rates. The 4% on the other hand comes from this: (25-24)*100/25=4%. In my example I meant that if you have the same picture in PAL and NTSC (suppose we say 100 images) and they are shown for example in 1 sec in PAL, because of PAL’s speed up the exact same images will be shown in a little bit more time in NTSC, and the total runtime will be 4,096% longer, so we have 1 sec in PAL and 1,04096 sec in NTSC. Above I wrote 4%, so that means 1,04 sec in NTSC- mathematically it is correct, but the real percentage is a bit more.
In Rev’s two prints we had one PAL time and one NTSC time, but we didn’t know if the print was the same. So I took the PAL runtime and added 4% to find out the NTSC to see if the two prints were identical. If we wanted to be exact, that percentage should have been 4,096%, but either way it turns out that the two prints are not identical. It didn’t have to do with the cinema runtime. Is this still confusing?

I only repeated what others already posted because i keep seeing your question pop up everywhere around the board and your question was already answered in the beginning of the thread. Either cough up some serious bucks and order it from Amazon.de or buy one of the foreign releases, simple as that. Flooding the forum with the same old question won´t make the DVD any damn cheaper for ya and asking for DVD-R copies of a movie that is easily available seems somewhat rude to me, especially because there are still like 3 good alternative releases out there. Either pay up or live with the fact that you have a hole in your collection. I´m done here…

[quote=“ION BRITTON, post:38, topic:2422”]No, I’m not talking about cinema runtime. Suppose you don’t know that. But if you know for example the PAL time then you can find out the NTSC and cinema runtime as well. In the first case by adding 4.096% (if we want to be exact) and in the second by adding 4% to that time. NTSC has 23,976 FPS , PAL 25 FPS and cinema 24 FPS . FPS = Frames per second. The 4.096% is calculated from this: (25-23,976)*100/25 = 4,096% difference between the two rates. The 4% on the other hand comes from this: (25-24)*100/25=4%. In my example I meant that if you have the same picture in PAL and NTSC (suppose we say 100 images) and they are shown for example in 1 sec in PAL, because of PAL’s speed up the exact same images will be shown in a little bit more time in NTSC, and the total runtime will be 4,096% longer, so we have 1 sec in PAL and 1,04096 sec in NTSC. Above I wrote 4%, so that means 1,04 sec in NTSC- mathematically it is correct, but the real percentage is a bit more.
In Rev’s two prints we had one PAL time and one NTSC time, but we didn’t know if the print was the same. So I took the PAL runtime and added 4% to find out the NTSC to see if the two prints were identical. If we wanted to be exact, that percentage should have been 4,096%, but either way it turns out that the two prints are not identical. It didn’t have to do with the cinema runtime. Is this still confusing?[/quote]

Phew, truth is I’m pretty bad at maths. Tricky.

Wrong is for sure that if you add 4% to the Pal runtime you don’t get the exact cinema runtime, like I have stated above. And if this is wrong than maybe your calculation to get the NTSC runtime is also wrong.

I have to think about the rest.