Where to buy A Bullet for the General/Töte Amigo?

The Koch-release. (http://www.amazon.de/Töte-Amigo-Lou-Castel/dp/B000VLD9GK)

Amazon is to expensive. I would love to buy a descent DVD-r of this. Does anyone know why Franco Cleef (kingriek@shaw.ca) isnt answering any e-mails?

Anyone know of any german webshops where I can buy dvds? Spaghetti-westerns.

Amazon.de would still be your best chance since they have an excellent selection of spaghetti western titles on DVD. Does it have to be Koch Media release of “Töte Amigo”? Otherwise just get the first edition of the Koch Media DVD which is still available for a few euro´s. Or buy one of the foreign releases like the UK DVD by Argent Films or the American DVD by Blue Underground if you don´t necessarly need the german soundtrack.

But the old Koch DVD doesn’t have the 2nd english audio option. I’m really surprised the rainbow one is out of print.

I was suprised as well. Luckily i managed to get a mint copy of the Rainbow collection DVD for 20 euro’s on the german Ebay last month. But it’s going for insane prices over at Amazon.de I noticed more and more that releases by smaller labels go OOP quite fast these last years. So it’s best to get them in the beginning before you have to pay insane prices for them later on when they are OOP.

I believe the video quality of the first Koch Media release is also somewhat dissapointing. So maybe it’s wise to spend a little extra cash on the Rainbow Collection DVD or on one of the more superior foreign releases.

Your absolutely right. What other foreign releases are you talking about?

These two for instance.

The UK release: Amazon.co.uk

or the US release: http://www.amazon.com/Bullet-General-Gian-Maria-Volonte/dp/B000LPQ6DO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1279191821&sr=8-1

Both releases are in the correct aspect ratio and contain a few nice exclusive extra’s. But no german soundtrack of course.

[quote=“Dr. Menard, post:7, topic:2422”]These two for instance.

The UK release: Amazon.co.uk

or the US release: Amazon.com

Both releases are in the correct aspect ratio and contain a few nice exclusive extra’s. But no german soundtrack of course.[/quote]
I dont care about the german soundtrack. I just wanted the german release for the new english dub (By the way, which of the two english dubs should one use?) and because it looks great with my other koch-releases. And one last thing, is the german koch release longer than these two, or are all three uncut?

It all depends on your own preference, some people like the new dub and other swear by the old dub. I personally only know the old dub, so that’s the one i prefer. But like i said it’s a matter of personal taste.

The two foreign DVD releases are both uncut as far as i know. I believe the old Koch Media release might have been slightly cut? I’m sure a more knowledgeable member can answer that question for ya. :wink:

No, it was also uncut.

It was a NTSC to Pal transfer, so the picture quality is not as good as the Rainbow Quien sabe?, which was directly mastered for a Pal release. Hence the different run times.

The old Koch one looked good enough for me, but I would doubtless also buy the new one if I had to buy it again. But maybe not for every of these oop prices.

I also only the old Koch version. I think it’s ok.
OK, I do not know the picture quality of the new DVD. But 25 € , I think the difference is not worth it. :wink:

Though the old dub is fine… I prefer the newly released dub. The old dub seems lazily done in comparison to the new, imo.

Still looking for a copy of Töte Amigo…

Can someone confirm the running time of the BLUE UNDERGROUND DVD of this one?

Just for the record - the Argent one runs 1:52:58. The Greek New Star version (in English) … 1:57:44 !! (More transfer irregularities?)

According to my machine 1:57:38.

It’s region 0 but a U.S disc of course so I presume you need to do some NTSC-PAL maths.

Alright, thanks a lot, Phil.

[quote=“Phil H, post:16, topic:2422”]According to my machine 1:57:38.

It’s region 0 but a U.S disc of course so I presume you need to do some NTSC-PAL maths.[/quote]
I think I’ve done the maths for ya - The Argent is the PAL time - the New Star must be NTSC.

[Edit: just checked again - the extra 5 minutes on the New Star - is very rare footage of Martine Beswick getting her kit off! :wink: ]

If I am doing the calculation right it is like this:

1:52:58 (PAL) = 112, 96 min
1:57:44 (NTSC) = 117,73 min

4% speed up for PAL—>

112,96 x 1,04 = 117,48 min

117,48 min = 1:57:28 (NTSC) —> there’s a 16 sec difference between those two prints

[quote=“ION BRITTON, post:19, topic:2422”]If I am doing the calculation right it is like this:
…there’s a 16 sec difference between those two prints[/quote]
It’s a bit early in the morning for me to understand the maths.
Is it an exact science this tranferry-stuff, or should I be checking the NS version for 16 seconds extra of Martine getting her kit off? :slight_smile:
Don’t you have this Greek version ION, that’s your neck of the woods ain’t it?