The Football Thread

They’re Wembley Bound, what a wonderful expression

Good luck, Phil !

Great game last night, as I didn’t have a preference who I wanted to win it was nice to watch the game as a neutral and not get stressed.

On to this afternoon, let’s hope Rotherham get crushed!

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:2222, topic:527”]Great game last night, as I didn’t have a preference who I wanted to win it was nice to watch the game as a neutral and not get stressed.

On to this afternoon, let’s hope Rotherham get crushed![/quote]

I had the same experience. Before the match I thought I would root for Atletico, but as it progressed I didn’t really care, I was mainly enjoying the game.

Atletico players were just too tired, after some difficult league games, the extra time was a terrible punishment for them. Not easy for any team to win both national league and the CL in the same season.

But hey now is all about Leyton Orient the only team with a red jersey I support, after all I’m also from the East region of… Lisbon.

Is it possible to see the game in TV?

[quote=“El Topo, post:2224, topic:527”]Is it possible to see the game in TV?[/quote]It’s on Sky Sports 1 here, don’t know about Portugal.

You may find a stream here (not very comfortable, lots of publicity, but usually watchable quality):

http://www.sportcategory.com/c-1.html

Thanks, I have a satellite dish I can watch stuff fin HD from God’s now where.

Have a look in heaven for me.
I want to know what kind of movies the have on the program overthere. If they don’t have westerns, I might as well go to hell.

Well that’s what you got when you have three brothers in law all enginiers of some kind

Two nil for Leyton still in the first half, the last goal from the number 7 not CR7 but a seven nevertheless

All’s well that ends well, no other than Shakespeare said.
All’s going exceptionally well at Wembley …

… but we’re only halfway

Hell the other guys scored one, I hope its not a tragedy

The equalizer, great goal by the way. But Leyton goalkeeper seems like Casillas yesterday, two “chickens” as we say here.

In this occasions I turn off the TV and wait for the final result, its the best thing to do. If Phil ask, I blame it on Sherp and his Shakesperian curse ;D

Dear me, I shouldn’t have said anything …

I’m afraid Phil is slowly dying at the moment …

Incredible tension, but no goals so far (in extra-time that is)

Oh my God, losing on penalties, terrible

More shakesperian than this its impossible.
There’s always next season, and sign a better goalkeeper

A tragedy indeed.
But, if supporting Leyton Orient for 47 years has taught me anything it is how to deal with crushing disappointment.
Plus, the world cup is just around the corner and any penalty shoot outs will seem petty and unimportant from now on.

In truth though, it was a painful day but we had a truly great season over all and my season ticket was money very well spent. Maybe next year eh?

I’m sad for you, Phil.

Socceraid kicking off soon. Celebrity charity match, England v Rest of the World, at Old Trafford (Manchester United).

Teams

[size=14pt]England[/size]

Celebs:
Danny Jones (musician, McFly)
Stephen Moyer (actor, True Blood)
Jack Whitehall (comedian)
Mark Owen (singer, Take That)
Olly Murs (singer)
Paddy McGuinness (comedy actor/TV presenter)
Jonathan Wilkes (z-list actor, mostly known for being Robbie Williams’ buddy; Williams being the organiser of Socceraid)
Jamie Theakston (TV and radio presenter)
Ben Shephard (TV presenter)
John Bishop (comedian. Apparently. Cnt’s never made me laugh, that’s for fcking sure)
Matt Smith (actor, Doctor Who)
Marvin Humes (singer, JLS)
Dominic Cooper (actor, Captain America: The First Avenger)

Legends:
Jamie Redknapp
Jamie Carragher
Paul Ince
David Seaman
Kevin Phillips
Des Walker
Matt Le Tissier

Manager: Sam Allardyce (West Ham United: The discerning choice in London)

[size=14pt]Rest of the World[/size]

Celebs:
Michael Sheen (Wales)(actor, Frost/Nixon)
James McAvoy (Scotland)(actor, X-Men: First Class)
Gordon Ramsay (Scotland)(TV chef)
Kevin Bridges (Scotland)(comedian)
Nicky Byrne (Republic of Ireland)(singer, Westlife)
Patrick Kielty (Northern Ireland)(“comedian”, and I use the term astonishingly loosely. Also TV presenter)
Adam Richman (USA)(Presenter, Man v Food)
Jeremy Renner (USA)(actor, The Hurt Locker)
Santiago Cabrera (Chile)(actor, Merlin)
Sam Worthington (Australia)(actor, Avatar)
Mark Salling (USA)(actor, Glee)
Martin Compston (Scotland)(actor, Monarch of the Glen)

Legends:
Edwin van der Sar (Netherlands)
Jaap Stam (Netherlands)
Edgar Davids (Netherlands)
Alessandro Del Piero (Italy)
Clarence Seedorf (Netherlands)
Andriy Shevchenko (Ukraine)

Manager: Jose Mourinho (Wanky Plastic Chelsea. Where were you when you were shit?)