What western is this music from?

Have you got a link to that thread on the kung fu site please?

:slight_smile:

Nice one.

I was always curious about this, just bought myself a 7"| single from eBay. :slight_smile:

Just went to show a mate and this one has similar but different music, have they recently changed the intro or something?

I heard that when the group Space got wind that their music was used without permission for the movie, they weren’t happy about it. Which is understandable, considering they weren’t paid for the use of their music. So whatever company was putting the movie out replaced their song. So there are two different, or slightly different soundtracks, and it depends on which version, older or newer, that you get. I think this happened not too long ago. I also heard something similar happened with the Master of the Flying Guillotine soundtrack.

I’ve seen soundtracks altered in some other KF films, more commonly in some of the Golden Harvest releases. GH sometimes messes around with new English dubs, sound effects, altering some music, etc.

Here is another ‘mystery’ tune, from the Kung Fu Executioners intro. I’ve also heard it in Lackey and the Lady Tiger.

The music track heard throughout this trailer is also heard in The Secret Rivals.

Definitely sounds Italian (or French??). I can’t really identify which genre it could be from…possibly a war movie?

I can’t find it on youtube but check out the Roy Budd track “Here Comes The Hawk” from the OST of “Flight Of The Doves”

Greetings, Yodlaf, and thanks again! :slight_smile: I never would have known about that one.

I’ll have to track that one down to hear it. There are also Roy Budd tracks from The Wild Geese, The Sea Wolves, etc., used in a lot of KF movies, but unfortunately, most of those very tracks of his aren’t on youtube either.

[quote=“Filmlovr1, post:29, topic:3148”]Greetings, Yodlaf, and thanks again! :slight_smile: I never would have known about that one.

I’ll have to track that one down to hear it. There are also Roy Budd tracks from The Wild Geese, The Sea Wolves, etc., used in a lot of KF movies, but unfortunately, most of those very tracks of his aren’t on youtube either. [/quote]It’s got shitloads of Fist of Fury on that track, you have to just leave it running to hear them all, fantastic.

I’ve got The Wild Geese on vinyl, do you know what any of the tracks are?

A good example from The Wild Geese is this, which I believe is titled ‘Compound’. It’s in the opening title/fight sequences, starting from about 1:06. It’s actually been used in lots of KF films.

Another track from the The Wild Geese I’ve heard in KF films is just called ‘Wild Geese’, and there’s at least one more. But I don’t actually own the Wild Geese soundtrack myself.

Another album (which I do own on vinyl but have no way to play currently) that contains a number of tracks used in old-school KF films is Chariots of the Gods. There are a few tracks on youtube, but most of them will not play on mobile devices (I only have an ipad).

Yodlaf, is this the full track, ‘Here Comes the Hawk’? If so, this was the only source I could find of it.

Another mystery track, sounds to me like a spaghetti(?) western theme. I’ve heard it in this film (Fist and Guts) as well as the original trailer for Lady Whirlwind, and the American trailer for Deadly China Doll (a.k.a., The Opium Trail). The music in question starts @ 0:14 to 1:25. It’s also heard in other parts of the film.

Hoping to identify the music in the opening credits, from 2:27 to 4:00:

Pretty sure the music in question isn’t a western, but hopefully somebody will know its original source.

It starts with a similar structure as Johnny Williams’ death-star corridor-chase music from Star Wars: New Hope, but it quickly mirrors a cavalry vs. indians theme, I think.

Greetings, Kit.

I was thinking it sounds kind of Jerry Goldsmith-esque. It could fit any number of film genres, which makes it trickier to find.

Here is another. The music in question starts from 1:51 to 3:44; then starts again from 4:11 to 5:16.

The 36 Crazy Fists

I used to think it was Chinese music, but hearing it now, it sounds like it could be from a western…don’t know whether Italian, American, or other. I’m really curious about its original source, now. Bits of the same music are also in some other kung fu films:
Tiger Over Wall
The Dragon, the Hero (a.k.a., Dragon on Fire)
And others…

Any suggestions appreciated! :slight_smile:

This post is to update my question in reply #8.

This trailer to the movie Four Real Friends (a.k.a., Dragon Squad, 1974) features the same soundtrack I asked about previously. I’m certain all of the tracks come from the same original movie, most likely from the early 1960s. AFAIK, it could be from any genre, from sword and sandal, fantasy, etc., but I’m starting to feel it’s not from a western (I could be wrong, though). At this point, if someone could help identify the original movie these tracks came from, it will be like the holy grail of ost finds! The music sounds to me like it’s from Italy … possibly France(?).

Four Real Friends (Dragon Squad, 1974) trailer:

Deadly Strike (1978)

The opening theme music at the beginning has to be from a spaghetti. Can anyone identify it?

The whistling-bars reminded me of For A Few Dollars More’s opening.