What is your favorite film with a De Masi score?

I’m a big fan of Francesco DeMasi’s music. Sadly his music is often much better than the SW’s it was written for.

What is you favorite MOVIE with a score by maestro DeMasi?

I like Fistful of Lead aka Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistols For A Coffin. Also, Any Gun Can Play. You can hear that the 2 DeMasi scores are very similar in places. I agree that he also scored some very poor SW’s.

I know it’s not a western as such but have you heard his score for the Chuck Norris film “Lone wolf McQuade”, it’s outstanding.

Yes, I’ve got the OST CD for “Lone Wolf McQuade” and I agree it’s really great. It sounds a lot like one of DeMasi’s SW scores.

I’ve never seen the movie, but it appears to be just another low budget action movie much like any other. Who knows though? The movie might be OK. It has one of actor John Carradine’s famous kids in it (David, I think).

I didn’t like ANY GUN CAN PLAY very much. I saw it years ago on a grey market public domain video tape (which was widescreen and probably the source for the VCI DVD). The movie had some good parts, but the awfully unfunny comedy scenes were torture to sit through, and really destroyed the pacing of the film. Too bad so many SW’s were ruined the same way, with the inclusion of terribly unfunny slapstick humor.

I like Fistful of Lead aka Sartana's Here, Trade Your Pistols For A Coffin.

I wish this one was released on a decent DVD. I won’t even consider buying an edited pan and scan, which is what the US release on DVD is. Also, was FISTFUL OF LEAD ever the name of this film, or did the DVD manufacturer just make that up?

‘Il momento di uccidere’ (Walk by my side sung by Raoul)

‘Quanto costa morire’ (Who is the man sung by Raoul)

‘Johnny Hamlet’ (Find a man sung by Maurizio Graf)

‘Una lungha fila di croce’ (Non mi asspetavi piu sung by ???)

There are some more but those are my favorites !!!

I like his score in Sette winchester per un massacro but my favorite film with DeMasi score got to be Johnny Hamlet.

I just recently bought the soundtrack for Sette Winchester per un Massacro (doubled with Killer Adios), and really liked it, especially that song! Haven’t seen the film though. I’d have to go with Johnny Hamlet as my favourite DeMasi score so far, also, but i’ll definitely be on the lookout for more of his stuff :wink:

I did not use to like DE MASI at one point, as I was always compairing him to MORRICONE.

But I have mellowed in recent years, and therefore really appreciate his scores now.

He has done some really good themes, and I like so many.

I love the song to ARIZONA COLT, and really like the the music in KILL THEM ALL AND COME BACK ALONE.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:9, topic:382”]I did not use to like DE MASI at one point, as I was always compairing him to MORRICONE.

But I have mellowed in recent years, and therefore really appreciate his scores now.

He has done some really good themes, and I like so many.

I love the song to ARIZONA COLT, and really like the the music in KILL THEM ALL AND COME BACK ALONE.[/quote]

I just recently saw Arizona Colt for the first time, and yeah, that was a good song. All the songs on the DeMasi scores i have heard so far have been good. Just wish someone would put out more compilation cd’s featuring SW songs.

I have to say Bruno Nicolai was always my favourite (mainly for his Sartana scores) but DeMasi is catching up fast!

[quote=“Silver, post:10, topic:382”]I just recently saw Arizona Colt for the first time, and yeah, that was a good song. All the songs on the DeMasi scores i have heard so far have been good. Just wish someone would put out more compilation cd’s featuring SW songs.

I have to say Bruno Nicolai was always my favourite (mainly for his Sartana scores) but DeMasi is catching up fast![/quote]

Yes I agree Bruno Nicolai is great, and I am always meaning to get the score to INDIO BLACK as it is so chilled and thematic.

Sette dollari sul rosso (1966)
Haven’t seen the film yet, but the De Masi score is awesome!

I’m not familiar with his SW scores but I loved his score for Fulci’s New York Ripper, it was so sleezy and swanky but it fit the film perfectly.

Also mentioned above by Bluntwolf, I get a kick out of “Walk By My Side” that plays with the title sequence of Moment To Kill.
MTK is a buddy movie and this “romantic” song that plays as George Hilton and Walter Barnes ride together through the desert is sort of unintentionally funny. But the song sticks in my head for a while every time I hear it.