What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

Booze makes things easier. I think.

I have always enjoyed the first film. The sequels were pretty boring though.

Okay. I always knew this moment will come one day. Cant help myself, I just have to know, if I’m courageous enough. Alea iacta est.

any-wich-way

1 Like

‘Clyde’ the orangutan … that’s the one on the left, is the least of this film’s problems - Wait until you witness Sondra Locke trying to be a sexy femme fatale :nauseated_face:

Well

Well, i liked Sondra in Josey Wales and Sudden Impact, so…

In that case, you’re in for a huge treat ! :rofl:

Watching Gangs of New York for the first time. @aldo how do you rate Leo’s Irish accent??

Not the worst I’ve ever heard, but it’s still what’s referred to as ‘Stage Irish’ “B’Jasus !” … he should have had plenty of help with his accent, as most of the supporting cast are real Irish guys.

Was deeply disappointed by this movie when I caught it at the flicks … it felt like Scorsese was trying to do a Leone, which doesn’t quite suceed. Daniel Day Lewis is enormously entertaining, and I’ve enjoyed it more on repeat viewings because of his unique and hypnotically evil character, Bill Cutting.

Could have really done without the shit U2 song at the end - The movie is over the top and ambitious, but should have been much better.

1 Like

Watching the Hammer Horror classic Dracula: Prince of Darkness tonight. If I had a region free blu-ray player I’d buy a lot of the UK Hammer releases. I just have a collection on DVD at the moment.

1 Like

Watching Johnny Yuma (1966) tonight. Mark Damon is pretty average. I haven’t watched this one in about 10 years.

So shockingly bad it forced me to reassess Scorcese.

1 Like

Recently I mentioned to one of my western friends that I haven’t seen The Searchers and since he almost fell down knocked unconcious by that information I finally decided it is time to give it a go.

‘The Searchers’ may not live up to the hype for you.

I’ve seen it every few years since I was a kid, and it improves with repeated viewing - it may seem simple and straight forward the first time … but it’s complex and surprisingly dark.

Hope you enjoy it. You’ll certainly have fun spotting all the stuff, Leone borrowed.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. “Sure as the… turnin’ of the Earth”.

2 Likes

Even though the landscape stands out for viewers, I think I’d enjoy The Searchers much more if Ford had filmed it somewhere that resembled Texas rather than the iconic monument valley.

Seeing the new Halloween in a few hours, and It’s going to be shit.

2 Likes

1 Like

The Lady From Shanghai (Welles, 1947)

So, @aldo what’s the verdict on Orsen’s accent?? I can take it far more seriously than Leo’s in Gangs of New York.

I don’t remember seeing this one, but I will add it to my ‘to do’ list, and get back to you :thinking: but even if the accent was poor he’d still have more charisma in his little finger, than Leonardo di Crapio ? :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes