What do you think about Gianni Garko and George Hilton and their movies?

I haven’t seen Ruthless Four either, what VHS releases/ DVD-R bootleg options exist?

There was an old U.K. pre-cert but it’s quite hard to find nowdays

http://www.pre-cert.co.uk/cgi-bin/cms/Film/41569

Yeah, it seems like it’s pretty hard to find. One for Franco Cleef perhaps…

Jerksi has got a reconstruction of this movie if i remeber correctly.

‘The ruthless four’ is unfortunately very hard to find. I’ve seen it on tv once, really good movie !

I wish i never sold my old tape before dvd recorders came out >:(

Excellent! Does he have a website or something?

I don’t think he has a website, the only way to see his films is to check him out on eBay.
And he has “The Ruthless four” because I bid on it once, I didn’t win though so I don’t have it.

You can contact him via email jerksi@hotmail.com. I think he doesn’t sell his reconstructions on eBay no more.

Thanks. I’ll drop him a line…

Flynn

Okay, what’s the deal with “Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin”? Is it a 1970 or 1972 film? I’ve seen both dates listed for it. Does anyone know for sure?

Flynn

Original release date:

Released between I Am Sartana, Your Angel of Death (20.11.69) and Have a Good Funeral, Sartana Pays (8.10.70.).
Also in the same year followed by the last “official” Light the Fuse, Sartana Is Coming (24.12.70).

But the Hilton Sartana is imo not one of the “officials”. Looks more like a forerunner of the Halleluja westerns.

[quote=“stanton, post:32, topic:233”]Original release date:

Released between I Am Sartana, Your Angel of Death (20.11.69) and Have a Good Funeral, Sartana Pays (8.10.70.).
Also in the same year followed by the last “official” Light the Fuse, Sartana Is Coming (24.12.70).

But the Hilton Sartana is imo not one of the “officials”. Looks more like a forerunner of the Halleluja westerns.[/quote]

Thank you. And, yes, I agree, the film feels like it’s more of a Sartana “spin-off” than a “real” Sartana film.

Wait, wait. So, there was a Sartana film that came out in August, October and December of 1970?! And they were all made by the same director?! Wow. That’s pretty crazy…

Flynn

Carnimeo was quick on the draw.

Maybe faster than his shadow.

[quote=“stanton, post:35, topic:233”]Carnimeo was quick on the draw.

Maybe faster than his shadow.[/quote]

Ah, good one!

As my name suggests, I am a huge Garko fan. I’ve never seen him in anything that he didn’t impress. He’s got a great ability to give a grounded performance, in spite of how over the top a situation may become. And when that includes things like gunning down numerous foes with a bullet firing pipe organ in the middle of the street, that’s saying something!

His more straightforward roles, like $10,000 per un Massacro are outstanding and show that the man has real range. I always wished he’d been given the opportunity to work with Leone just once!

I’ve liked Hilton in almost everything I’ve seen him in, although I also prefer his more serious roles to his comedic ones, although he still pull those off well. I’m just not a very big fan of the SW comedies.

I always thougt more of Garko as a Corbucci actor than as a Leone actor.

His best parts: If you meet Sartana, pray for your death’ and ‘10.000 dollars for a massacre’. Most Sartana’s are OK and so is his performance in them.
Although I liked ‘I vigliacchi non pregano’ (this means ‘Cowards don’t pray’, but the actual English title might be different), I didn’t particularly like his performance in that one.

I’m not a great Hilton fan (maybe because I don’t like SW comedies), but he was very good in ‘Ognuno per sé’ (no idea about the English title), an underrated SW. He was OK in the first Halelujah movie.

GIANNI GARKO My number 7 in Top 10 leading SW actors.

I have always found to be a leading man of great screen presence/talent , Sartana is his
exclusive magnificent character. SWs with Garko tend to be serious, cruel, violent, superb.

GEORGE HILTON My Number 8 in Top 10 Leading SW actors.

I respect him as the 2nd most prolific SW leading man with 19 SW and enjoy his violent,
serious, revengeful westerns (not his comedies) and love him in his outstanding Giallos.

I’ll gladly add that to my ‘movies that were never made but should have been’ file! I’d truly love to have seen Garko under Corbucci’s direction.