What are you eating or drinking at the moment?

[quote=“AceHigh, post:2560, topic:758”]@ Mickey13

I can’t quite get a handle on “sour rye soup with an egg” Whoa![/quote]
Strangely enough, I found a recipe for it (don’t know if it’s the same I always eat - I’ve just come across this one):

http://polish.slavic.pitt.edu/festival/zurek.recipe.html

It’s a traditional Polish soup. I’m not very keen on Polish cuisine, but this soup is very tasty. When it’s too sour, it’s plainly awful, but this one I’ve eaten recently was perfectly prepared, absolutely gorgeous.

Coffee with suger and cream. It tastes like… brillience.

Coffee with sugar, cream and a spot of brandy. It tastes like brilliance. :slight_smile:

Coffee. Without any crap in it, it tastes like coffee.

Ha ha, no brandy though.

Pizza and Dos Equis beer with a few friends.

Glass of orange juice…strong stuff.

Couple fingers of Beam.

Can’t beat Jim Beam! I like your style, Pacificador. I’m currently snacking on a rice cake covered in Hot Pepper Jelly.

So Brothers Pacificador and AceHigh … Beam’s the stuff ehh?

Thankfully I don’t imbibe of spirits so much, that could be dangerous, but a friend of mine likes to buy a posh bottle every now and again.
I know he was fan of Blanton’s Single Barrel but has moved on to summat else that comes in a stretched-thin sort of shape bottle that I’ll ask him about.
Obviously these are at the more expensive end of the genre - but he’s knocking on and worked hard all his life and deserves to treat himself now and again.

Any recommendations for when his birthday comes around?

Well, let’s put it this way: it’s a fine product and generally available anywhere up here, so it usually has a spot in my cabinet. Jim Beam Black, Wild Turkey or Bulleit are also good inexpensive brands.

I’ve never tried Blanton’s but if you want an upper-end bourbon in my opinion you could try getting him George Stagg, Buffalo Trace, Maker’s Mark, or Knob Creek.

Ace?

Haha - I’ll get him that, cos he can be a bit of a…

creeky ol’ sod ;D

no, the FB beer appreciation group is not enough for me - i had a Barths strong beer and it was pretty good

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:2572, topic:758”]Haha - I’ll get him that, cos he can be a bit of a…
creeky ol’ sod ;D[/quote]

Hey Rev, sorry for the delayed reaction - I’ve been working up in Indianapolis all week. For my money, Jim Beam Black is the way to go. I will also concur with Pacificador on Knob Creek, it’s some good stuff. Maker’s Mark and Wild Turkey are pretty decent, but I can’t handle too much of either - they will knock your socks off.

Ordered WAY too much Indian takeaway, and now I’m sitting here, grimacing, feeling like half-a-dozen invisible gremlins are jabbing my belly with sporks. I’ve eaten the Sag Aloo, the onion Bhajis, the three Japatis and the mixed Biryani. But the Orangena Chicken is a pig-out too far. It’ll have to sit in the microwave and wait 'til morning.

Mmm, breakfast Indian.

I have no idea what any of that is…but sounds great! :wink:

For breakfast I had a bowl of hot grain hot cereal, 1 cup of fruit, 1 glass of skim milk, a multivitamin and a cup of black coffee.

Yup, trying to get back on the fitness kick…but I would have rather had a couple eggs over easy, sausage, hashbrowns, and toast with jam!!!

A glass of milk.

Lobster Stew with a nice cold beer.

Caesar salad and iced tea (unsweet).

Just had one of those Ministry of Defence-issue ration packs, the sort of thing you stock up on for camping/fishing trips and such. You know; a sealed silver bag with “PAELLA” or “WINTER VEGETABLE SOUP” stamped on it. Today, my bag had “HALAL CHICKEN WITH DHAL” stamped on it. It was pretty tasteless and dull tbh, so I dumped some ghost sauce in there and it turned from “boring” to “murderous” immediately. Now, my mouth hurts. :’(