šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

Welcome to the forum Lagos.
Glad to hear you are enjoying these films with your dad.

2 Likes

New guy reporting inā€¦
Michael from Ohio/ USA . Long time Western fan, Spaghetti or not.
Looked here for a while, decided to join the gang.
A thank you to Sebastian for the help getting here.

6 Likes

Welcome, Michael! :+1:

am very please to be there

3 Likes

Welcome amigo.

Welcome and greetings from New Jersey USA!!!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Short barrel

Also welcome @hlim431 !

1 Like

Welcome :+1:

Greetings Lagos,
Very interesting to hear your response to SWs, because Iā€™m sure many of us who grew up with them wonder how much of our enthusiasm is nostalgic. Nice to know how you picked up on the unique atmosphere, because that does seem to be what sets them apart. The best of them have a kind of lyrical quality created by the synthesis of music and visuals which you rarely get in other genres. I think Laurence Staig got it right with his title Italian Western: The Opera of Violence. Their operatic aesthetic can make other plot and technical deficiencies rather irrelevant.

Hi Iā€™m Andreas, nice to be here!

5 Likes

Welcome Andreas, thereā€™s plenty of cool stuff to see and read.

Welcome Andreas - I see u are AFFODynamite fan:cowboy_hat_face:

Greetings everyone, glad to be a part of this community. Been enjoying the site for ten years ā€¦ thought it high time to saddle-up and participate and join in on occasion - Iā€™m plenty opinionated, and have plentiful respect for the opinions of others. Luckily, thanks to DVD/Blu-ray releases, and enough disposable income, Iā€™ve had the chance to watch most of the films discussed on here. It.s maybe a little crazy how much I enjoy many of these - I think itā€™s the escapism of the genre that attracts me most strongly ā€¦ love the crazy violence, incredibly rugged landscapes, beautiful horses and women (though there could be more women/female nudity ā€¦ a little more sex to go along with the violence, IMO.) :sunglasses:

Much fine writing here that Iā€™ve enjoyed for years. I like the Top 20 lists - my own would differ quite a bit. Iā€™ve found some universally - praised films to be a bore, or at least hugely overrated. And, derided or little-mentioned works have often pleased me mightily. Iā€™m bound to express some controversial opinions from time to time, but theyā€™ll be honest, and not intended to inflame or annoy - just looking for good discussions, or an interesting insight that might - conceivably. - change my view on something or the other.

I salute all those who have contributed to this remarkable site - a welcome respite from everyday worries ā€¦ like a full canteen found unexpectedly on a desert trail.

6 Likes

That would be interesting I think to hear more about !

welcome on board, thomas! first round is on me

1 Like

Thank you most kindly.

2 Likes

Hello! Longtime fan, but I havenā€™t rewatched my favourites in a while. Suddenly remembered ā€œdamn, I love westernā€ and also recalled this forum existed :smiley:

I even wrote my thesis on Leone back at uni.

6 Likes

Glad to have you on board amigo.

Good month! Welcome on board to @larsrar @blosserfred @Simon_Boccanegra @Gringo-Gert1 @diabolik6 @jalle65 @angelfish810 @Duke @F_Nukenstein @cowolter @meps69 @ThomasDoubts

1 Like