VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 15 WESTERNS 1960s USA/GERMANY

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 15 WESTERNS 1960-1969 USA/GERMANY NOT ITALY / SPAIN

BANDOLERO 1968 FIVE CARD STUD 1968 HANG EM HIGH 1968 FIRECREEK 1968

INGER STEVENS Star Of 3 Classic Westerns Made in 1968

Nice list! But my votes wouldn’t really reflect my true Top 15 from this period, because Peckinpah’s RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY (1962) isn’t listed. Neither is ONE EYED JACKS (1961). And there are likely some others not on the list. So, even though I voted, the results don’t show my real Top 15 Westerns of this period. They only show the ones I like from this list.

Yeah, nice list. I would have voted for One Eyed Jacks & Ride The High Country too if they were on there (and Night Passage also!). I was kind of surprised to see Town Tamer listed. It gets bashed a lot but I actually like it and have seen it many times (though it’s been quite a while since I last saw it on tv!). Id say my top 10 favorites from the list are:

Magnificent Seven
North To Alaska (man I love this movie!)
Wild Bunch
True Grit
Major Dundee (man I love Senta Berger! :))
Undefeated
Bandolero!
100 Rifles
Professionals
Shalako

I picked ten:

Comanche Station
Coogan’s Bluff
Firecreek
Hang 'm High
Rio Conchos
Winnetou the Warrior
The Deadly Companions
Lonely are the Brave
Time for Dying
The Wild Bunch

When I see the list I can only say that the western fades away.
The last western on the big screen that was worth watching for me was Unforgiven.

What a decade it was in the sixties with stars like Wayne, Murphy, Ford, Stewart and directors like Ford, Peckinpah, Hawks and Kennedy.
Not to forget the western from Italy…

[quote=“Jamie, post:3, topic:984”]Yeah, nice list. I would have voted for One Eyed Jacks & Ride The High Country too if they were on there (and Night Passage also!). I was kind of surprised to see Town Tamer listed. It gets bashed a lot but I actually like it and have seen it many times (though it’s been quite a while since I last saw it on tv!). Id say my top 10 favorites from the list are:

Magnificent Seven
North To Alaska (man I love this movie!)
Wild Bunch
True Grit
Major Dundee (man I love Senta Berger! :))
Undefeated
Bandolero!
100 Rifles
Professionals
Shalako[/quote]

Thanks Jamie and Chris Casey I appreciate your compliments and observations.
GOOD list both Jamie and Scherp.

I have added those One Eyed/Ride High Country and any MORE suggestions welcome.
NIGHT PASSAGE 1958 that Classic Audie Murphy Film will be in the 40s/50s West Poll.

[quote=“LooneyElmerFudd, post:5, topic:984”]When I see the list I can only say that the western fades away.
The last western on the big screen that was worth watching for me was Unforgiven.

What a decade it was in the sixties with stars like Wayne, Murphy, Ford, Stewart and directors like Ford, Peckinpah, Hawks and Kennedy.
Not to forget the western from Italy…[/quote]

Yes I agree the 1960s BEST EVER decade for music/films/westerns/SWs and life. :slight_smile:

ROBERT TAYLOR 1940s/1950s/1960s STAR

When I wrote that about Night Passage, I forgot this was for the 60’s only!

And ElmerFudd, I totally agree with what you said too!

Can you add Red Sun, Chato’s Land , The Long Riders please, then i will cast my votes. :wink:

No problem Jamie !
I have to cut off some polls by date so that I can include most/all relevant films & then
create another Poll for the next period.

TOWN TAMER 1965 DANA ANDREWS

Dana Andrews was a GREAT Screen presence in All his Westerns (and other class films)
plus these AC LYLES westerns full of “vintage” stars were magnificent/memorable.
Certain unwise/ridiculous critics tried to put them down but the greatness shone through

RED SUN 71 , Chatos Land 72 etc excellent westerns but WILL BE in the 70s POLL !!
This is 1960-1969 ONLY Cactus :o
Hence we will get another beautiful POLL 1970s possibly into the 1980s WESTERNS :wink:

Sorry, wasn’t paying attention.

No Problems Cactus , these dates need watching :smiley:
Thanks for voting and I will be sure to include those Red Sun/Chatos in the 1970s poll.