VOTE For Your 15 Favourite WESTERNS Leading Actors

Nero and Musante in The Mercenary:

@ Lindberg: good posting!

@Sartana Django: I think the list is perfect now. (Maybe Lee Marvin is missing , he was great in 7 Men from Now, The Professionals, Monte Walsh, The Man who shot Liberty Vallance, Death Hunt and many more (BTW why Lee never made a spaghetti-western? What a waste of time)). It’s sad that it isn’t possible to vote again.

You can’t do William S. Hart and roy rogers in the same category!

Oates starred in The Shooting
Crawford in The Last Posse
Gable in several westerns, a must
Borgnine must also be in

L Marvin, also a must
D Duryea
S Hayden
B Keith
R Boone
R Preston
P Foster
J Cagney
D Murray
J Payne
T L Jones

there are more, ok but not 100.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:20, topic:909”]Audie Murphy :smiley:

[/quote]

Tack Great Audie Murphy Lindberg :slight_smile: Also lovely Mercenary 1968 Photos.

@Stanton

I will consider all matters for ADD AFTER you vote for the 2 Polls we discussed days ago :stuck_out_tongue:
You can vote for this POLL after the Top 10 SW Ladies and Post Apocalyptic Poll Votes.

@ Paco

Thanks for your comments I agree the Poll is 98% complete but I will consider ADD of
Lee Marvin along with Stanton’s ideas after he delivers his promised voting in 2 polls

Robert Mitchum! Where’s Robert Mitchum? Arrrghh… Blasphemy to forget him, a deadly sin.
This is like voting about the Stones excluding K. Richards.

And Redford was also in Jeremiah Johnson (a surprisingly successful western) and in the semi-western The Electric Horseman.

Kris Kristofferson
Robert Duvall (a must, alone for Lonesome Dove, even if it’s a TV w.)
Gene Hackman
Jeff Bridges
Ray Milland
Barbara Stanwyck!
Joan Crawford!

Problem is, I can’t make up my mind to decide between all these actors …

It’s easier to name a few I don’t like.

Robert Mitchum, wasn’t thinking of him too.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Stanton do you need SPECTACLES / Brille ??

Ray Milland John Payne Don Murray are ALREADY IN the Poll ??? :o

Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford are the WRONG SE-X ??? :smiley:

LEADING MEN we are talking here NOT supporting actors ! Also PRIORITY to SW Actors.

Your 2 POLL VOTES still awaited ??? Its no good saying you “like” girls maybe Stanton
you need to SHOW some ACTION ;D…Votes as you indicated previously

@ Paco

We’ll consider Rob Mitchum along with Lee Marvin.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:27, topic:909”]Stanton do you need SPECTACLES / Brille ??

Ray Milland John Payne Don Murray are ALREADY IN the Poll ??? :o[/quote]

Oho ;D

Barbara Stanwyck and Joan Crawford are the WRONG SE-X ??? :D

Ohoo :o

LEADING MEN we are talking here NOT supporting actors ! Also PRIORITY to SW Actors.

I’m also talking about leading players.

The list is too long and badly arranged. Take half of them out. Or make it alphabetically. :slight_smile:

Stanton ENDE / FINITO !!

1. I have ASKED you very nicely to VOTE (as you had agreed) for the POLLS mentioned.
    You have NOT Voted for the Top 10 SW Ladies/PA or any poll ???

2. As you DO NOT ever vote but only play about with ridiculous names then it makes
    no difference to you what is in the Polls :stuck_out_tongue:

3. I will NOT do anything of what you suggest because the POLL is ALREADY 99% Done.
    The purpose of having the Actors in RANDOM ORDER is precisely because I want
    voters to read each name and make an assessment. NO Alphabeticals or deletions :’(

4. The Ones that need to be OUT are already left out as I will quickly explain below.

NOT IN THE POLL

Duvall, Borgnine, Oates and similar are supporting Actors mostly. 1 exception was KK.
The MAIN Westerns Actors are in the Poll. Kristofferson, J Bridges etc 1 or 2 mild/poor
westerns are not required. The line has to be drawn and LEADING SW actors are 1st.
Recent DATED Actors after 1982 are not needed we are talking GOLDEN 1950-1980.
I have made 1 or 2 exceptions with K.Costner etc but enough. Use the ANY OTHER :stuck_out_tongue:

I will probably add as Paco asked Lee Marvin, and Square Mitchum+ Dan Duryea etc

[quote=“stanton, post:28, topic:909”]Oho ;D

Ohoo :o
:)[/quote]

BEFORE discussing more names someone needs some "gender " lessons & Glasses :o

I agree. He’s so darn good in it, as is Tommy Lee Jones btw…

A poll or list like that will never be 100% perfect for everyone. :slight_smile:

It’s on Sartana Django who is on the list and who not. :wink:

[quote=“Paco Roman, post:31, topic:909”]A poll or list like that will never be 100% perfect for everyone. :slight_smile:

It’s on Sartana Django who is on the list and who not. ;)[/quote]

Thanks Paco I appreciate your good common sense :slight_smile:
Any Actors (supporting) that are out will be in the Poll for supporting Actors (soon).

AUDIE MURPHY Is Married

AUDIE MURPHY War Hero

I didn’t read your post about Duval by exident when I posted mine. Thanks for the explanation. I still don’t get why Duval isn’t in it though since he’s the main part in Lonesome Dove. Is it because it’s a series and not a film?

Yes as I explained we have to SEPARATE or the list will be INTERMINABLE !!

TV SERIES GREAT ACTORS Like James Drury(Virginian), Lorne Greene (Bonanza)
will be in a separate TV GREAT ACTORS Poll. I will include Lonesome Dove’s R.Duvall :slight_smile:

Ok. Didn’t understand you were making an other topic for them too(and I understand this list can go on forever if you don’t make somewhat of a selection)…

OK…finally voted. Not going to list the actors, but they were all SW rather than general…

SD, don’t you think you should alphabetize your lists so that a certain actor doesn’t wind up on top of each and everyone of them? Surely a magnificent actor like that doesn’t need any of this kind of help.

As I replied earlier Bad Lt I deliberately DO NOT alphabetize because I want voters to
read through all the names, think and then vote. NOT go straight to a choice and click :slight_smile:

Yes well at the top it could be anyone of not, there is “No Harm” :smiley: in it because you can
always start from the bottom and vote upwards :o !!

BTW I saw your BAD LT 1992 Film and it was GOOD :slight_smile:

Thank you Silver , good voting all SWs Actors thats excellent :slight_smile:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:38, topic:909”]As I replied earlier Bad Lt I deliberately DO NOT alphabetize because I want voters to
read through all the names, think and then vote. NOT go straight to a choice and click :slight_smile:

Yes well at the top it could be anyone of not, there is “No Harm” :smiley: in it because you can
always start from the bottom and vote upwards :o !!

BTW I saw your BAD LT 1992 Film and it was GOOD :)[/quote]
I think it’s safe to say that when confronted with a list 99% of the people will start at the top, and not the bottom. Isn’t the point of voting in a poll getting an accurate impression of what people think about the subject? I don’t need to look at the list to know the answers, so what I want -as a voter- is to look up my preferences easily. By making it an unsorted mess and not including Kinski (who is as much a leading SW man as -let’s say- Dean Reed), you are mking it overly hard to vote and you’re influencing the results.