Vengeance Trail / La vendetta è un piatto che si serve freddo (Pasquale Squitieri, 1971)

This is the Vengeance Trail thread. :slight_smile: They only released four films. There was a lot of delays apparently and then they just stopped making DVDs.

And what’s the quality like? The DB lists it as widescreen, but might it be letterboxed?

The UK DVD isn’t letterboxed.

I can post some screencaps

The UK DVD is very much letterboxed, as you can tell from the menu shots I’ve included.

These are the titles they planned to release, only one of these titles came out. Some of them seem to have been picked up by the Australian company Bounty Entertainment.

Yeah, I’ve been keeping up with Bounty, they have a few tiles I’ve been looking at getting. I assume now that the Brazilian release is a copy, or at least little different, than the UK release. Also, that magazine! Too bad it never happened. :frowning:

With the exception of Boot Hill every film in Bounty’s catalogue was either published by C’est La Vie or on that list of planned releases. If the Bounty discs have the same quality as C’est discs had I’m interested in acquiring their catalogue.

Well, I did some looking into Bounty’s titles and some of them are pretty shoddy VHS rips (Kitosh), others are reported as being in a decent widescreen (Law of Violence). Only titles of theirs I’m looking to get are Law of Violence and The Revenge of Ringo. The rest are either shit or can be found in better versions elsewhere.

That’s a shame.

Ah! Been quite a while since I watched this. I think that the best quality release was Acquasanta Joe but that was the worst film of the bunch.

[quote=“Rutledal, post:65, topic:1142”]

[/quote]

Mutiny at Fort Sharp is a difficult one to get. What a pity they stopped after four releases!

[quote=“The Man With a Name, post:71, topic:1142”]What a pity they stopped after four releases![/quote]Indeed. I didn’t remember they had Young Guns Go West (l’ostaggio) on their list, that is a rare one.

I’m currently waiting on this to arrive:

It’s a rare “modern western” made by a German film company. Can’t wait to watch it. :slight_smile:

This particular copy is still in my possession, so you’ll be waiting for a long time.

Haha! Is the film any good? I just ordered a copy from an ebay seller.

It arrived! :smiley:

Previous owner drew 2 x’es on it, hence why I recognized it as my copy. I also did that scan. Anyway, I wasn’t too impressed with the film. Lackluster stuff. Moreover I don’t like modern stuff, like helicopters, in westerns. There is also a German VHS of the film.

Watched it today and enjoyed it. Not sure whether I’d call it a western. I suppose it is and it isn’t at times. I laughed when she said “I love you.” She’d known him for… three days, was it? ;D

Not one I would call a western, but has some western moments :smiley:

Just gave Vengeance Trail another watch. I definitely enjoyed it more than usual. I’m quite keen on these 70s spaghettis with Indians at the moment.