Vacation spot suggestions

Hello all :slight_smile:

I’m planning a week-long vacation with one of my best friends next May. I’ll be flying from Hong Kong, and she will be flying from Paris.

We would meet somewhere in the middle in the world. Somewhere relaxing, yet full of stuff to see. Personally, for me, I’d like to see more historical sites. I think my friend just wants to relax cus she’s overworked. Possibly near beaches. I suggested Turkey but she’s already been there. I was thinking of Croatia but then I thought I should ask you guys since so many of you are in Europe.

Any suggestions?

AUSTRIA (Alps, Vienna, Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg, Opera … ) ;D

The Croatian Coast with all the Islands is quite beautiful and a good place for swimming or sailing. You definitly should visit Dubrovnik. :slight_smile:

Seems like anywhere in europe is not really half way for you. Why not try Egypt? More historical sites than you can shake a stick at and you could always split your time between Cairo for the pyramids and somewhere on the Red Sea coast for the beach. Resorts like Sharm el Sheikh or Hurghada have great beaches and most travel companies who offer Egypt will offer a twin centre option for you.

Sounds like the US, South America, or Africa will be half way. How bout Hawaii?

^I’m self-employed. She isn’t. I can be more flexible. But anyway, she is countering everything I suggested, so she’ll just have to visit me :wink:

I just suggested Iraq just to annoy her hahaha.

Hey, Talby, have you tied the knot yet?

What’s about a trip to Israel or Dubai? :slight_smile: Bulgaria with the black Sea is fine too. :slight_smile:

Paco, good idea, maybe Jordan. Would be cool to see Petra!

I’ll ask about Bulgaria, but she said no to Odessa. :frowning:

Judging from what you said so far, she is making the decision anyway.
But Israel sounds good, beaches, cities, and appearantly some religous-historic sites, wonder what those might be. Friend of mine had a blast (no pun intended) when he was there.

Greece would also be combination between beach and history.
Another friend of mine went to macedonia, quite nice nature and hiking area. but little historic sites and few beaches.
Egypt sounds good, but check the temperatures first, it can get very very hot down there.

I´ll vote for uzbekistan, no idea about the beaches thought. Problem is that flights are not very cheap to there. So you might give us some clues about budget.

Iran is also very interesting i heard, but the beaches are probably not safe, if your friend plans on wearing a bikini

[quote=“valenciano, post:8, topic:2028”]Judging from what you said so far, she is making the decision anyway.
But Israel sounds good, beaches, cities, and appearantly some religous-historic sites, wonder what those might be. Friend of mine had a blast (no pun intended) when he was there.[/quote]

LOL that was funny :wink:

Oh, I’d give anything to travel with friends to Uzbekistan, Central Asia, Caucausus, Middle East.

But she ain’t the type. She even finds the idea of Ukraine uncomfortable.

I’d love to go to Iran. I want to go to Turkey the most, but I guess that will have to wait.

Budget: I got quite a bit of mileage so I probably won’t need to buy any tickets. This won’t be a backpacking thing.

You’re right. As we don’t have the same taste in travel, I will probably decline to go. If I just wanted to slum it, sleep, eat, swim all day, I can just stay at home. When I travel, I want to do stuff and experience new cultures.

I haven’t been that long away from Sweden but I saw an amazing thing in Norway once. It was a HUGE (and then I mean over an entire wall) graffiti version of this famous painting:

[quote=“Silence, post:10, topic:2028”]I haven’t been that long away from Sweden but I saw an amazing thing in Norway once. It was a HUGE (and then I mean over an entire wall) graffiti version of this famous painting:
[/quote]

Looks like the Rev when he finally watches Return of Sabata

:smiley:

When I saw The Return of Sabata… there was no face. I just wasn’t there. I think I left the room.