Upcoming releases (Germany)

From theimportforums:

"Fox & MGM announced ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ for the 24.04.2009 in Germany.
Best news so far this year [oohyeah]

Audio:
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English: DTS 5.1
German: DTS 5.1
French: Dolby Digital 5.1
Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1
Thai: Dolby Digital 2.0
Italian: Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
English: Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono

Extras:

• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Schickel
  • Audio Commentary by Christophers Frayling
  • “Leones West” Making of Documentary
  • “The Leone Style” Documentary on Sergio Leone
  • “The Man Who Lost The Civil War” Civil War Documentary
  • “Reconstructing the good, the Bad and the Ugly” Featurette on the Audio Re-recording
  • “Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and the Good, the Bad and the Ugly” Featurette on the Composer
  • Deleted Scenes"

The best reason to buy some kind of Blu-ray player.

again, I’m not impressed. the reason is that a blu ray player alone doesn’t do the job, you’d need a correspoinding video and audio set up to really make use of the gained improvements in quality, otherwise, the money is wasted. most people don’t even have good enough equipment to make a regular DVD look right (like me)

I think, you’re right. I don’t have an impreeive Screen etc. either. I completely don’t care about blueray. I already have the 2-DVD release, enough to please me.

Still it’s nice to see that spaghetti stuff start coming out on the new format. Will of course only start to get really interesting the day the first Fidani on Blueray is released :slight_smile:

[quote=“djvaso, post:81, topic:290”]From theimportforums:

"Fox & MGM announced ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ for the 24.04.2009 in Germany.
Best news so far this year [oohyeah]

Audio:
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English: DTS 5.1
German: DTS 5.1
French: Dolby Digital 5.1
Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1
Thai: Dolby Digital 2.0
Italian: Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
English: Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono

Extras:

• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Schickel
  • Audio Commentary by Christophers Frayling
  • “Leones West” Making of Documentary
  • “The Leone Style” Documentary on Sergio Leone
  • “The Man Who Lost The Civil War” Civil War Documentary
  • “Reconstructing the good, the Bad and the Ugly” Featurette on the Audio Re-recording
  • “Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and the Good, the Bad and the Ugly” Featurette on the Composer
  • Deleted Scenes"

The best reason to buy some kind of Blu-ray player.[/quote]

Too bad, no german 1.0 mono. Assholes, keep your fake 5.1. mix for yourself

Yes, I wouldn’t really consider GBU on Blu-Ray to be a sign of spaghettis being released… maybe a good sign for wildly popular overrated genre flicks? :wink:

no, I guess merely a sign that this is the one that really makes these companies ANY money at all :slight_smile:

I’m sure that’s true. I don’t know if its like this everywhere, but here every young adult who’d like to be a film student and has heard of Tarantino has a love affair with this movie- while somehow not knowing of any non-Leone spaghettis, and most of the time they don’t even know about the other Leones…

[quote=“autephex, post:86, topic:290”]Yes, I wouldn’t really consider GBU on Blu-Ray to be a sign of spaghettis being released…[/quote]True, but at the moment it’s better than nothing I guess. The question is if we will ever see anything but the ‘classics’ on Blueray… Only time will tell.

I’d prefer to see ALL SWs on DVD rather than another partial covering of the genre by a new medium

You’re right again. There are so many flicks out there waiting to be burned. Especially when you don’t want to pay the shipping overseas to get the American releases.

I’m in total agreement. Add to that- I’d prefer to see all SWs with QUALITY DVD releases with nice video transfers. Most SW releases haven’t even taken full advantage of DVD capabilities, don’t see much reason to move past it at this point

Another aspect is the price. A company like Koch can harldy afford the release of the SWs on DVD. Releasing the flicks on Blue-ray wouldn’t be big business I guess.

For decent view of Blu-ray disc one need to have newer computer with BR drive (70-80EUR) and eventually 22’’ monitor (<200EUR). Too much, huh?

decent view. even if your computer can handle bluray, what’s the point of this high resolution on a laptop/computer monitor? and then the sound, how much will you have to spend in order to actually get good enough trueHD 5.1 or whatever sound out of that bluray disc. i mean, so many people ignore the sound aspect, even with DVD. you’re paying so and so much money for a DVD or BluRay, and hardly anyone uses the sound capacity, but you’re paying for that as well…

so in order to watch BluRay the way it’s meant to be you’d need a roughly 100cm or more LCD/Plasma FullHD screen (1080i/p) let’s assume about $500-1000, an HD surround sound system that’s the main piece plus speakers, cords etc that’s another $500 or so, and the bluray player, which is what $400 or so.

You’re talking an investement of about $1500 or more just to have the equipment necessary to actually see and hear the difference and the quality that bluray has to offer. think about that.

and as I said, most people don’t even get all their money’s worth out of a DVD. i dont know a lot of people who watch their DVDs in 6.1 DTS ES surround or un a progressive scan whatever high-priced dvd player and LCD TV…

get my point? :wink:

i hate watching movies on my computer… i’ll take a crappy TV over my computer monitor any day

personally, i don’t quite get into all of this HD stuff… i enjoy good quality video, but when it comes to spending money on a home setup, i’d prefer a projector and a wall/screen over a HD TV setup- even if its not as good video quality, its good 'nuff for me and its BIG for a lot less money and trouble with moving

well HOW you watch HD doesnt matter. if it’s your wall or a tv, beamers/projectors can do HD too (the newer ones), so that’s a different discussion. don’t compare apples with oranges :slight_smile:

I realize projectors can do HD also, but the ones I’m referring to as being a cheaper option- do not. My fault for not clarifying there…

I’m just saying, in the realm of spending a large chunk of cash for a home theater setup, I’d rather spend mine on a lower cost/non-HD projector than spend all that money to get a working HD setup, as you can get said projectors for much less than the TV alone

You are not alone.

The only place I watch movies is on my computer. :smiley: My computer has a good screen but it sometimes strains my neck. Not to mention, it can play PALs.