Upcoming releases (Germany)

explain what exactly? my plans? those are secret, haha

The part about the quality

I think structurally, there’s still too many corners of the database that are dead ends, or pages/categories with hardly any text, or dvd news that aren’t updated. For most movies we lack trivia and technical information (premiere date, running time, versions/cuts, production companies etc) etc… and right now of course the problem with the special characters :wink: lots of construction sites all over. I’m not saying this is something negative, I’m just saying there’s still stuff to be done

I agree it would have been nicer to have something new released. Adios gringo and One Silver Dollar are of course already out in Japan from SPO… That said these releases will be somewhat cheaper than the Japanese ones so I don’t think it’s too bad.

I am still missing some spaghettis only released by SPO which I would love to see re-released. E.g. Uno dopo l’altro and Sugar Colt …

Would be nice for sure.

You’re right

I have been visiting the Film Reviews pages during the last week
To a lot of reviews I have added some notes on the DVD I watched for the review; maybe it’s better to transfer these notes to the DVD pages. It seems more logical that somebody who wants to buy a DVD and needs some info on video and audio quality starts looking on the DVD info pages.

[quote=“Lindberg, post:54, topic:290”]Some of X-Rated’s SW releases have also been excellent, and even if Koch Media does an outstanding job and the Rainbow series is really cool, we can’t rely on just one company

Hehe, would be really cool if the SWDB started releasing movies aswell :smiley:

Would be lots of work obviously, but not impossible

Getting the rights to some films, then hiring a lab to do the transfering to DVD, and finally distributing via this website, awesome :smiley:

But we probably don’t have the time or experience for this[/quote]

i would love to do something like this and its always sitting in the back of my mind, but i don’t really know anything about how getting the rights to a movie and obtaining a print works… done the tiniest bit of research but haven’t gone any further because i didn’t find much for a starting point.

i pretty much spend all of my free time these days doing video editing/dvd creation for fan projects, and i’d love to figure out how to turn it official

i have a couple of NEW releases, and i think they’re great quality- the video transfer on Hole In The Forehead is about equal to Koch’s releases, I’d say… although that one did not feature an italian or english audio track

NEW’s W Django dvd is up there with koch as well. I like all the X rated and NEW dvd’s even if some arn’t great quality, they pick good movies to release.

And they look great! They always have this book-like boxes - nice!

Yes they ARE nice but I would rather they shipped in normal cheaper dvd cases and cut 5 euro off the price :slight_smile:

Agree or a Cover like the RB Collection from Koch would be better. The best the small covers doesn’t need much space. :slight_smile:

I think the reason for the book-like covers are these companies’ ties to the old video-store world, the cases they use are like slim versions of VHS cases. I think they suck, not only are they too big and stand out, but the discs aren’t very well fixed and there’s usually no space for a booklet. I say do a hostile takeover, Koch Media :wink:

Ok you convinced me, Koch Media take them all … :wink:

Eventually I don’t care, who publishes the movies, as long as they do it.

I haven’t made up my mind on the big boxes yet. They’re kind of cool becaue they’re unique, but they are kind of awkward.

On the other hand. I did not like Koch’s cases at first, but now I like them a lot. Once you get a good number of them, they look pretty cool all sitting together

I’ve got NEW’s W Django also, and yeah- awesome release. I’ve got some X-Rated stuff too, and I’m happy with their stuff, but I wouldn’t say the video quality is as good- but I’m still quite happy that someone has released these rare titles

[quote=“Hombre, post:58, topic:290”]DVD’s from ‘New’ as mentioned by Soren - Adios Gringo covers A+B, One Silver Dollar covers A+B

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?cPath=22_81&products_id=36755

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?cPath=22_81&products_id=36756

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=36761

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=36762[/quote]

Are these new releases cut or uncut?

They should be uncut.

NEW are usually uncut.

not always though (Bandidos)

That’s right but the cheap Starmedia one is… Never found out why that was…

But these two new releases boasts the “Uncut edition” label on the cover so they should be the shit… :slight_smile: